Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

No driver for download available "Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V"

JBrown
Beginner

Hello,

I  would like to ask what happen to "Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V" drivers. On Intel download site are no drivers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/71305/intel-ethernet-connection-i218v/downloads.html

I am looking for latest Windows 7 and Windows 10 driver.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBrown, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We apologize if there is no available download for Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V on our download site. Please allow us to check on this internally.

While doing so, can you share the exact brand and model of your system where the Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V was embedded?

Alternatively, you may visit this link for the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack. This download installs version 27.7 of the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack for supported OS versions.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html

We'd like to set your expectation that the software drivers linked from our page above are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes. However, Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided via your system manufacturer. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no reply, we will follow up after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JBrownCZ
Beginner

Thanks for answer,

my motherboard is Asus Maximus VII Ranger. Offered drivers from my manufacturer are very old general drivers with no customisation and with known vulnerability in iqvw64e.sys They cannot be used for security reasons.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBrown, 

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay on our reply.

Just to confirm, have you tried the driver we shared on our initial reply? Did it work for your system? If no, can you share if there is any issue encountered while installing the generic driver?

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBrown, 

Good day and I hope this message finds you well!

This is just a follow up to check if you already tried the driver we shared on our initial reply? If yes, did it work for your system? If no, can you share if there is any issue encountered while installing the generic driver?

We would also like to inform you that downloads for Intel® Ethernet Connection I218-V is now available on our download center. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/71305/intel-ethernet-connection-i218v/downloads.html

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JBrown, 

How are you doing? I hope everything is great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos