Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4875 Discussions

Not auto-negotiating to !GB stepping down to 100Mbps

jcar
Beginner

attached  is my configuration -  

Today, all of a sudden, my ethernet is no longer auto-negotiating to 1GB.  Best I can do on either port is 100/100.  Is this indicating a failed adapter or is it something else?  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jcar,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request.

1.) Is this a newly configured system? When was the issue first encountered? 

2.) Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the issue? 

3.) Based on the SSU logs, there are two Ethernet controllers on the system. Can you confirm if both controllers are embedded on the system or 1 of the controller is installed on a PCIe slot?

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V

Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection

4.) Is there a different system that you can test to further isolate the issue?

5.) Can you double check the established connection speed in the settings of your system: Network and Internet Settings; View your Network Properties and scroll down to Link speed (Receive/Transmit).

6.) We'd like to set your expectation that we may have a limited support on this query as you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asrock for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jcar,

Good day!

Kindly provide the information we are requesting for us to proceed checking your query. In case you need additional time on this, feel free to let us know and we will be glad to adjust our follow up date.

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello jcar,

I hope you're doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos