Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Not getting gigabit performance with i219 v

JWhite
Beginner

So I upgraded from 100Mbps to 1Gbps internet and now I am getting slower speeds than what I had before upgrading. I have ensured all drivers are up to date, and that all ports are correct. The cables I'm using are CAT-6. At this point I'm starting to think it has some thing to do with Network adapter.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello JWhite,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We are sorry to hear that you encountered an issue with your Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V. In order for us to further check on it, kindly provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard I219-V? If yes, what is the brand and model of the motherboard you are using?
  2. Can you provide the link where you downloaded the latest driver?
  3. Are there any hardware or software changes prior to the issue?
  4. Please provide the SSU log file of your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/ethernet-products.html

Feel free let us know if you have questions. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 business days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JWhite
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a MSI z390-A pro. I tried both the driver from the MSI website and the driver from the Intel website, but neither worked. I made sure to uninstall the current driver each time while doing that process.

The only weird thing that has been happening is the Driver dates don't match on my PC with the dates corresponding with the latest driver from either website. Not quite sure why that is.

I haven't changed any hardware since building my computer a year ago.

Attached is the SSU report.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello JWhite,

Thank you for quick reply.

Were you able to test if the you get the same issue using wireless connection? Did you also get the same result when testing the internet speed using another device/system?

You may also find these articles helpful in fixing your issue.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056817/ethernet-products.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058667/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html?wapkw=I219-V%20slow

In addition, the drivers we have available in our Download Center are generic drivers. Since I219-V is embedded to the motherboard, we would recommend to check with MSI for the appropriate drivers.

Let us know if you have further questions. If we do not hear from you, we will make a follow-up after 3 business days. Thank you.

0 Kudos
JWhite
Beginner

My pc doesn't have a wifi card installed in it. I've only ever used ethernet. My phone does connect wirelessly and receives the correct speeds.

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello JWhite,

Thank you for the feedback.

Were you able to test out the recommendations from the article we have provided before? Were they able to help you fix this issue?

Since this is an on-board Ethernet controller, you may also check with your system manufacturer MSI for further assistance. They are in the best position to help you with this as they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system which could help you with this issue.

Let us know if you have questions. Should we not hear from you, we will make a follow-up after 3 business days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JWhite,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to follow up if you were you able to test out the recommendations from the article that we have provided before. Were they able to help you fix this issue? Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications on this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello JWhite,

We are just checking in again with you on this inquiry. Since we haven't heard from you for a while, we will now be closing this thread. Feel free to post a new question if you have further queries as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello JWhite,

In addition to what we have previously shared with you. Based on your SSU logs, we can confirm that you are already using the latest Intel Driver Version: 12.19.1.37. However, we would still recommend to contact your board manufacturer if it would an NVM update to fix the performance issue so you may be able to use it properly. We sincerely apologize if we have limited support as this is an OEM product.

Let us know if you have further concerns or questions. Should we not hear from you, we will proceed with closing this thread within 1 business day.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos