Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

OCP2.0 type 1 wont connect to the mother board

tacomaster
Beginner

The Intel X710 OCP 2.0 type 1 cant be connected to the motherboard that supports OCP2.0 type1.  It looks like the heatsink is touching the motherboard while trying to connect, so we cant push the card into the slot.2-m.png3.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello tacomaster,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is the brand and model of your board?
  2. What is the product code of the server system?
  3. Can you also share a photo of the card focusing on the markings on both sides for us to identify if the card is a retail card or an OEM.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello tacomaster,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow message on the information that we requested for us to further check your inquiry.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
tacomaster
Beginner

Sorry @Mike_Intel,

For some reason, the notification email was delivered to my spam folder.  

We are using a Gigabyte R182 server. I will try to get more details about the board from the Data Center in one or two days.
I will share the picture of the card below.

tacomaster_0-1637585496062.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello tacomaster,

Thank you for the reply and I understand if your reply is late due to the notification was sent in your spam folder. I tried to validate the card, however the markings is not clear and I would like to get the markings on the other side of the card as well.

I will also wait for the brand and model of the board for me to check the compatibility.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello tacomaster,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a follow up on the details that we requested for us to check the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello tacomaster,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos