Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

One of 10GbE ports of X722 is not visible in Windows after changing IP

yitingxu
Beginner

I have one X722 in my PC, both 10GbE ports are connected to another X722 of another PC. One of the 2 ports get lost (it disappears from "Network connection" page in Windows) after changing its IP (static IP). It does not always happen, but occasionally happens. When it happens, I have to reboot the PC then it will be seen in "Network connection" again. The issue always happens on a specific port of X722. Using the latest driver version. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello yitingxu, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the following information that would help in checking your request. 

1.) You mentioned that you are using the latest driver version, can you share the link where the driver was downloaded from? 

2.) Please share the PBA and serial number of the adapter. You may refer to the link below on where to find the PBA number. Providing photos of the adapter focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card will be highly appreciated for us to double check on it. The PBA consists 6-3 digit number located at the last part of the serial number.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007022/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

3.) Provide the System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

4.) When you mentioned that one of the 2 ports get lost, can you share if this happens on a specific port or does it happen on both ports?

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
yitingxu
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Hereby the answers to your questions:

1) We downloaded the driver from this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016 we downloaded Windows 10 64-bit version.

2) Photos of the X722 is attached.

3) The scan log is attached.

4) It was found on a specific port for months, however yesterday we found both ports are lost for the first time.

Best regards,

Yiting Xu

0 Kudos
yitingxu
Beginner

Some more info, see the attached image, system log when this issue happens.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello yitingxu, 

Good day!

We'd like to follow up the information requested for us to proceed checking your query. If you have additional questions and clarifications, feel free to let us know.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

Thank you for sharing the information requested.

Please allow us to check on this issue. Rest assured that we will get back to you once there is any update but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

Good day!

Can you please provide the additional information below that would help in further checking the issue?

1.) We hope you don't mind translating the error message from system_log photo.

2.) Just a clarification, when you mentioned 'changing its IP (static IP)', does this mean changing from Dynamic to static? If no, is there any specific reason for changing the IP? How often do you change the IP? 

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
yitingxu
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry I was sick so just come back to this issue today. Thank you for your reply.

1) See the translated logs in the attachment.

2) We change static IP to static IP. In our application we actually don't need to change IP, but the issue was the network adapter got lost from Windows after running the PC for 2-3 days. To easily trigger the problem, we tried to change static IP to static IP manually very fast, then after sometime (tens ~ hundreds IP changes) the issue happens.

Hope you could help us out more. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yiting Xu

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

How are you doing?

We'd like to follow up the additional information requested for us to continue checking your request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

No problem at all. I hope that you had a good rest and feeling better now.

Just to clarify, the issue is only present on one adapter? As you mentioned on your initial post that 'I have one X722 in my PC, both 10GbE ports are connected to another X722 of another PC.' Does this mean that there are two X722, one for each PC and only one of the adapters is having the issue? 

Should there be no response from you, we will follow after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
yitingxu
Beginner

Hello,

We have only one X722 on the PC, the issue is only happening on one of ports of the X722.

Regards,

Yiting Xu

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

Thank you for the clarification.

Please allow us to continue checking on this request. We will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

While we are investigating on this, please be informed that latest 25.5 driver package is now available for downloads. Will you be able to try it out and share the result with us after testing? 

Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack Version: 25.5 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack?product=139350

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

Good day!

This is just an additional recommendation aside from updating the driver to latest version.

Will you be able to update the NVM to latest version using package from the link below? You may refer to readme file or Usage guides for the instructions on how to apply the update.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24769/Non-Volatile-Memory-NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-700-Series?product=139350

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

I hope you are doing well!

We'd like to check if you are able to read our response. If yes, kindly share an update for this request for us to further investigate the issue.

Awaiting to your reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Yiting Xu, 

How are you doing? 

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos