Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Optimal configuration of x550 10G 4P - for Hyper-V clustered

mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

I wonder how can I set up the card (x2) to have optimal configuration for the server. This is a hyper-v host, clustered, teamed under os system, connected with using iscsi with HPE 3PAR, Dell Powervault MD3000, HPE MSA 2050 and Dell EMC DD2. The OS system is windows server 2016 standard edition.

Thank you for any hints.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We will be glad to help you with your query. But first, please provide following information for us to better understand your intended configuration. 

1. What would be the usage of your system? Please share more information. 

2. Make and model of your motherboard.

3. Do you have 2 x550 10G 4P that you plan to install on your system?

Awaiting to hear from you.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello Criselle,

Thank you for your help. Please find my answers:

1. It will be a next microsoft failover cluster node, hosting all productions systems.
  2. The mb part number is W23H8 - I hope it is enough for you.
  3. I have 4 onboards Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X550 rNDC with drivers 4.1.239.

Thank you for your asap assistance.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

Thank you for the swift response. 

Please allow us to further check your concern. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello Criselle,

I apologize for providing you incorrect information. The network cards are no onboard. I think this definitely change your approach, isn't?

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

I hope you had an amazing weekend!

Just to clarify, are you using or do you plan to use PCIe Ethernet adapter? If yes, can you share the exact model of the card? 

Will you be using Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/88207/intel-ethernet-converged-network-adapter-x550.html

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case there's no reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

Just to make sure I provided you (attached) ssu logs.

Answering for your second question: I do no know.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

Thank you for sharing the SSU logs. Please allow us to review this and continue checking your query. We will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-3 business days. 

Hoping for your kind patience. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

Apologies for the delay on this request. 

After checking, please be advised that it is best to contact the 3rd party manufacturer which is Dell because they are still the best source of support. They can advise the best optimal configuration for your server and not only with the Ethernet Adapter as they have their own validation about the components to be connected with the server system. They can also provide the best drivers if needed. 

We refer to your adapter as an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) Ethernet adapter. For OEM version of Ethernet adapters, it would be best if you can get in touch with Dell for further support since they have customized drivers, firmware and software to enable or alter features on your card. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet adapter.

Sharing with you the list of System Manufacturers https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/contact-intel.html?tab=system-manufacturers

Here is direct link for Dell support

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-ap?lwp=rt

Feel free to let us know if you have additional questions or clarifications. 

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for the update.

I will do like you suggest.

Thank you for your support,

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Tomek,

You're most welcome. 

We hope that Dell will be able to help you with your request as soon as possible. 

We would also like to sincerely apologize if we have requested more information from you but in the end we have referred you to Dell. We have to identify first the card that you are using and just wanted to ensure that the we'll provide an accurate information. We hope for your kind understanding.

Please be advised that we will now close this thread. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos