Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4876 Discussions

PROSet 27.6 drivers won't install on Windows 11

kamild_
Beginner

The base driver for the Intel I211 NIC install without any issues, but the PROSet driver refuses to install because "This product is not supported on this operating system". 10 months since Windows 11 release and it's still not supported!? What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We regret to inform you that Microsoft Windows 10 is the final Microsoft Windows Operating System to support Intel PROSet and Intel ANS. Please refer to our support article on the link below for more information; 

Support Information for Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) on Microsoft Windows* 11  

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
kamild_
Beginner
Why? Is there a replacement to PROSet which would allow me to change WOL settings that aren't present in the device manager's properties window? Am I supposed to set up Windows 10 just to change these settings?
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

We do apologize if the PROSet is no longer supported on Windows 11, however we will try to further check if we can provide you some recommendations instead however we cannot guarantee a fix or an answer. 

Can you also provide us the markings of your I211 Network adapter both front and back so we can check if you are using a retail or an OEM kit. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

We would just like to double check the exact model of your I211 NIC. Can you advise us as well if you are using a discreet network adapter or an embedded network controller.

If you are using a discreet network adapter can you provide us the markings both front and back so we can check if you are using a retail or an OEM kit. However if you are using an embedded controller can you provide us the exact model of your board instead.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
kamild_
Beginner
Excuse me for a delay, it's an embedded controller. Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

Thank you for advising, since you are using an embedded controller for your i211, the controller itself is compatible with Windows 11 as showing on our link here; 

"Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Ethernet Controllers" 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

However, the Ethernet Controller is embedded on an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) system, so it would be best to check with the system manufacturer as the software drivers linked from the Intel page are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. 

Since the Wake on Lan (WOL) is also a setting available in BIOS, the issue starts with the Windows 11 OS. We would highly recommend to check with the OEM (ASRock) first, so they can try to replicate the issue or provide the correct driver/firmware update to fix the issue and to avoid any potential installation incompatibilities your system. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further.

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello kamild_,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos