Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

PROSet not installing IntelNetCmdlets for I219-LM on Dell 5080 running Windows 10 2004

displayname11
Beginner

When attempting to install 25.5, 25.4, 25.2 of the PROWinx64 drivers on Windows 10 version 2004 os build 19041.630, it completes the process of removing/adding the network adapter but then errors out with "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"  I downloaded the drivers from: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Ethernet-Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

This issue prevents the PROSet features from installing, including IntelNetCmdlets powershell module which I need to configure multiple VLANs.

I have also tried the manual methods of disabling/removing/rebooting/enabled and running DxSetup.exe BD=1 PROSET=1 ANS=1 manually (as mentioned in some other random post) and this has the same results as above.

I have already browsed the forums here and cannot find anything similar to my issue above.

This includes the forum topic https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/ProSet-25-2-Windows-10-version-2004-Teaming-support/m-p/1205211

which a reply states windows 10 version 2004 is supported by the 25.2+ drivers and the driver page has I219-LM as a supported chipset for this driver.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello displayname11,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please clarify if you are using an onboard or embedded I219-LM on your Dell system.

However, if you are using a PCIe card, can you send us a picture on both sides of the card focusing on the markings for us to check the card.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
displayname11
Beginner

Embedded I219-LM.  Their support website does not appear to supply a vendor specific version of the proset drivers.

I have used older versions of the proset drivers in the past on older dell machines 5040 maybe?  This was prior to windows 10 1809 when it looks like the Proset drivers had stopped working for windows 10.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello displayname11,

Thank you for the update. Since you already tried our 25.5 which is the latest and also just to add, this driver is a generic driver that should work on retail Intel network cards. There is a big possibility that Embedded Network cards are modified by the board manufacturer so some features may have been removed. At this point, it is best to contact Dell to further check the issue.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello displayname11,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you already contacted the manufacturer of the board for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello displayname11,

I am just sending another follow up on to check if you are talking to Dell for further assistance. 

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos