Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Performance Report on Intel NIC

JLee157
Beginner

Hello team,

posting here to get a help on finding out a performance report of Intel NIC X710 & XL710

During the last few days, I tried searching Intel NIC performance documents , but still no luck

Anyone can provide or can advise where to go ?

1.Performance Comparison report between Intel NIC and Mellanox NIC- (10, 40GbE)

2.Performance Comparison report between Intel 82599 and X710(XL710)

At least, I would like to get Intel NIC performance report(benchmarking report) on X710 & XL710

(ie throughput per packet size)

Thanks in advance

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jaeyoung,

Thank you for posting in Intel Wired Ethernet Communities. We will look for a performance report on the X710 and XL710. Will also look for specific performance comparisons between Intel and Mellanox network adapters, and 82599 and X710. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Will post an update when available.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support,

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
JLee157
Beginner

Many Thanks Daniel for your reply

To be more specific,

I'm looking for Performance evaluation report (or packet loss test) on X710, XL710 itself most of all.

and also,

1.Performance Benchmarking (Comparison) report between Intel NIC and Mellanox NIC- (10, 40GbE)

2.Performance Benchmarking ( Comparison) report between Intel 82599 and X710(XL710)

3.Any commercialized reference for X710(XL710) in both baremetal environment and virtualized environment

and also It would be great If you have any documents showing chipset spec , NIC's registry on X710 / XL710

much appreciate for your help again

Thanks,

Jae

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jaeyoung,

We were able to locate the following information for you:

https://fast.dpdk.org/doc/perf/DPDK_18_02_Intel_NIC_performance_report.pdf Performance test report of 82599, X710 and XXV710

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/xl710-10-40-controller-datasheet.pdf Chipset spec of X710

Kindly check the ".inf" files included in the driver for NIC registry info, if this is for windows-related registries from the Intel driver. We do not provide competitor reports between Intel and 3rd party NIC. Please let us know if you need any additional information.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support,

0 Kudos
JLee157
Beginner

Many Thanks Daniel ,

The given report seems to be DPDK performance.

What I was expecting is NIC performance report (without DPDK)

Do you also have it?

Thanks

Jae

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jaeyoung,

Unfortunately we only have performance reports using DPDK drivers. The non-DPDK drivers would not have a noticeable difference in performance. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support,

0 Kudos
JLee157
Beginner

much appreciate Daniel for your help and support

I will get my customer referred to the given reports.

Many thanks again in deed

Jaeyoung

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jaeyoung,

Glad we could be of assistance. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Daniel D

Intel Customer Support,

0 Kudos