Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Pilote LAN Intel® I219V Gigabit LAN et Windows Server 2019 ou 2022

CP77
Beginner

Bonjour,

je n'arrive pas à trouver le pilote LAN pour carte réseau intégré sur une carte mère MSI H510M-PRO pour windows server 2019 ou 2022.
Pour les versions de Windows 8 - 10  il fonctionne mais pas pour windows server !
Ces pilotes existent ils ?
Merci pour votre aide

0 Kudos
18 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

AFAIK, Ethernet driver versions for Windows Server 2019 and 2022 are included in the Ethernet Adapter Driver Pack, which you can download from here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15084/intel-ethernet-adapter-complete-driver-pack.html.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

Bonjour,
Merci pour les pilotes mais cela ne fonctionne pas avec WSERV2022.
J'ai une carte mère MSI H510M-PRO avec une interface réseau Intel® I219V.
Cette carte réseau est bien reconnu sous windows 10 ou windows 11 mais pas avec Wserv2019 ou 2022.
Je n'ai trouvé que les pilotes I219-LM qui se rapproche de l'interface réseau.
J'ai beau chercher partout je ne trouve pas le bon pilote
Bien à vous

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CP77,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I just want to check if you still have other questions aside form the driver that one of our forum user already provided.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

Bonjour,
Je n'ai que la question concernant le pilote de carte réseau.
La solution apporté par ne fonctionne pas. Ce n'est pas les bons pilotes !
Cordialement

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What version of the package did you download? According to the release notes for v27.0, support should be there. I see Windows Server 2019-supporting drivers (including the i219 series) in folder PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS68. I also see Windows Server 2022-supporting drivers (including the i219 series) in folder PRO1000\Winx64\WS2022. Have you tried these? Manually?

...S

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

Bonjour,
J'ai bien la bonne version du package et effectivement je vois bien les pilotes pour l'interface réseau I219-V mais cela ne fonctionne pas avec Windows Server 2022 ou 2019.
J'ai essayé l'installation manuelle mais cela me dit qu'aucune carte réseau n'est détecté !
J'ai vérifié dans le BIOS, la carte réseau est bien active.

Cela fonctionne parfaitement quand c'est une installation de Windows 10 sur la même machine.

Je me demande si le modèle I219-V est compatible avec une installation Serveur !

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Grasping at straws here. Have you tried right-clicking on the entry for the unknown LAN device, selecting Install Driver and then pointing it to the folder containing the driver files?

...S

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

Bonjour

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

Hello,
Yes, I have contacted the MSI support department.
They confirmed that the I219-V card is NOT compatible with Windows Server!
So I will buy an additional network card.
Thank you very much for your help
Kind regards

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From what I can tell, it doesn't seem that you've installed the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package. It is important that you install this package before attempting other driver updates.

...S

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

I have downloaded the chipset device software version 10.1.18793.8276 but it does not solve my problem.
As you can see in the attachments there is no detection of the I219V network card.
For the record I remind you that on this same machine if I install a Windows 10 it works perfectly.
I don't know what to do anymore!
I thank you very much for the time you spend with me!

0 Kudos
CP77
Beginner

On the INTEL website it is stated that the Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V is not compatible with windows server.
You need an I219-LM card
https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/fr/support/articles/000054858/ethernet-products.html

On the internet I found a video that could help you to get around this problem but it seems very complicated.
https://blog.workinghardinit.work/2017/06/19/installing-intel-i211-i217v-i218v-i219v-drivers-windows-server-2016-eufi-boot/

Do you think this is a solution to my problem?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, I haven't seen that page before, but it certainly seems to say (in a wishy washy way) that the i219-V is not supported for Windows Server. How odd and inconsistent. 

You can try the 'workaround' if you wish (but yes, it *is* complicated).

...S

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CP77,

Let me also add that as per this link, I219-V does not support Windows server 2019.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055236/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

However, since your I219-V is embedded on your motherboard, it is best to confirm if the board supports Windows Server 2019 with the board manufacturer. If yes, they should have a set of drivers for all of the controllers in your board including the network card.

The link that you provided is guide from a 3rd party website so we cannot confirm if this onw will work. What we can suggest is try contacting the board manufacturer first to check the supported OS. You may try the link below for the support site of the board:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H510M-PRO/support

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CP77,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just checking if you are now contacting MSI for further assistance regarding this issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry that Intel's spotty support for Windows Server is going to cost you extra.

...S

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CP77,

We are sorry to hear that however, of the network card is embedded on the motherboard, we have limited support.

Since its is now confirmed that the card does not support the OS, we will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello CP77,

Before we close the thread, I have this inquiry checked again, upon further checking, we are really sorry that this network card do not have Windows Server 2019 support. Base on Intel® Ethernet Connection I219: Product Brief, this is a consumer LAN product intended for mobile, desktop, and embedded designs.

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos