Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Pls help provide E810-CQDA2 thermal model

WilsonChien
Beginner

Hi Intel

I am evaluating the thermal analysis of 4U server with E810-CQDA2 installed, Could you provide E810-CQDA2 heat dissipation model (Flotherm)??

There is another problem. I saw that the maximum working environment temperature is 60°C in Chapter 4 Thermal Environment of the E810-CQDA2 document. However, for the 3.5W optical module in the table, the commercial temperature (70°Cmax case temperature) conditions are only 45C and 500LFM. We want to know how much minimum air flow can pass at a temperature of 55°C and 60°C?? 

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

Please allow us to check this with our engineers for these inquiries. You may also visit rdc.intel.com for these information if you have access to this website.

Please give us some time to check this with our engineers. We will provide you with an update no later than 3 business days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
WilsonChien
Beginner

Hello, Achilles
I am worried that the E810-CQDA2 thermal model file is  NDA item, so I will post the problem to IPS (#00657363) at the same time.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you for taking the initiative with posting the problem as well through IPS. We have also received an update from our engineers. We have found the document that you were requesting in our Intel Resource and Design Center (Intel RDC) however as you have also mentioned, these documents require access and NDA so we will transfer your inquiry to the proper support group to guide you acquiring an access. You will be contacted via email within 24 to 48 business hours. 

In addition, here are the titles of the documents that you will need to download once you have been granted access.

Intel® Ethernet 800 E810-CAM1/E810-CAM2 Thermal model (FloTherm)

Last Updated: 06/18/2020 

File: PACK (90.69 KB) 

Content Type: Simulation Models

Content ID: 610777 

Version: 1.0 

There is also thermal information (including the minimum airflow) for the E810-CQDA2 card in the EPS.

Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-2CQDA2 EPS

Last Updated: 10/27/2021 

File: PDF (2.28 MB) 

Content Type: Datasheets and Specifications

Content ID: 638690 

Version: 1.1 

Ethernet Products (EPG) - The Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-2CQDA2 is a PCI Express (PCIe) full height, half-length network adapter. It consists of two E810 Media Access Controllers/Physical Layers (MAC/PHY) with two QSFP28 connectors for 200 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) total connectivity and a PCIe Gen4.0 x16 connection to the host platform. 

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
WilsonChien
Beginner

Hello Achilles

Good day!

Thank you for your help, I have successfully downloaded the file.

I have some confuse ,about E810-2CQDA2 and E810-CQDA2 are not the same PCIe Card. One is Full Height and the other is Low Profile Card.

My question is how much minimum air flow (LFM) is required for E810-CQDA2 at an ambient temperature of 55 degrees, about the 3.5W commercial optical module (70°Cmax case temperature) . I can't find it in the document  (#621632#page11-CQDA2 table). 

Please help to solve my problem, thank you!!

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

Thank you for the update.

We are glad to hear that you were able to successfully find the files you were looking for. As for your question with the minimum air flow for E810-CQDA2, please allow us some time to further check this with our engineers. We will make sure to provide you with an update within 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

Hope you are doing well.

You can find the information you are asking for using one of the document that we have requested you to download with Content ID 638690 "Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter E810-2CQDA2 EPS". The information can be found on page 9 of 4.0 "Thermal Environment" October 2021 Update.

Let us know if you need clarifications. If we do not hear from you, we will make sure to create a follow-up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

Hope you are doing well.

This is just a follow-up on your inquiry for this thread. Was our suggestion able to help you look for the information you are looking for?

Let us know if you need clarifications. If we do not hear from you, we will make sure to make a follow-up after 3 business days.

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello WilsonChien,

How are you? Hope you are doing well.

We are following up on your inquiry on this thread. We hope you were able to find the information you were looking for using the documents that was provided to you. Since we haven't heard from you for some time, we will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos