Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

ProSet Wired Driver 26.6 and Windows 11

AndyMac60
New Contributor I

Two PCs with on-board Intel I219-V running Windows 11. Tried to install 26.6 and it comes up with the "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer" error on both of them. Installing 26.4 works fine, but want to make sure (a) latest version and (b) fully supporting Windows 11.

When will we see official support for Windows 11 with the Intel drivers for wired networking, and will this support I219-V chips?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Achilles_Intel

Hello AndyMac60,

Appreciate your quick response.

Thank you for providing us these information. We have received an update from our engineering team. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for Windows 11 driver release. We also recommend to check with your board manufacturer if your motherboards can fully support Windows 11 if they have if they have drivers for chipset, audio and other components.

Since you have mentioned that driver version 26.4 is working fine, you may use it for now. However, we cannot confirm its reliability since it is not validated for Windows 11.

We would recommend to please check our Download Center from time to time for Windows 11 driver availability.

Let us know if you have further questions. We will create a follow-up after 3 business days should we not hear from you.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello AndyMac60,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

We are sorry to hear about this issue you encountered with your on-board I219-V. For us to check into this, can you confirm the following details.

1. What is the brand and model of the board used for these systems?
  2. Where did you download the drivers? Can you provide us a link on where you downloaded it?

As for the official support for Windows 11, Intel drivers support will be available on Windows 11. However, Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) will not be supported. You can also check out this link below for more information. For the timeline on when the Intel drivers for Windows 11 would be available, we would need to check this with our engineers.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

Please allow us some time to check this further. We will provide you with an update within 3 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

1. Both motherboards affected are ASUS: a ROG MAXIMUS X CODE and a MAXIMUS XI HERO WiFi.

2. Downloaded the 26.6 and 26.4 drivers from Intel Downloads Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10 

I am aware that the ProSET and Advanced Networking are not supported in Windows 11 and this is not an issue as I don't use these. Just after the best drivers for Windows 11 including any new driver models that Windows 11 supports/benefits from.

Any idea when official Windows 11 drivers will be made available?

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello AndyMac60,

Appreciate your quick response.

Thank you for providing us these information. We have received an update from our engineering team. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for Windows 11 driver release. We also recommend to check with your board manufacturer if your motherboards can fully support Windows 11 if they have if they have drivers for chipset, audio and other components.

Since you have mentioned that driver version 26.4 is working fine, you may use it for now. However, we cannot confirm its reliability since it is not validated for Windows 11.

We would recommend to please check our Download Center from time to time for Windows 11 driver availability.

Let us know if you have further questions. We will create a follow-up after 3 business days should we not hear from you.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

Well, that is VERY disappointing - especially given that Intel were so quick to release specific Windows 11 supporting UHD graphics drivers, WiFi drivers, Bluetooth drivers and drivers for your "Killer" products - but aren't able to say when Windows 11-specific/supporting drivers for your core Ethernet chips/cards might become available! And made to look even worse given that Realtek managed to publish their Windows 11-specific drivers within days of the official release of Windows 11.

And all of this happening at a time when you're shouting about the new 12th Gen Intel CPUs which about to be shipped with the new 600-series motherboards that typically use your Ethernet chips (looks like the default option on the Z690 block diagrams that have been published) and which NEED Windows 11 to deliver the performance gains promised by the new generation.

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

I also have the same problem with the intel lan driver 26.6 it doesnt install on a Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming motherboard with Intel ethernet controller I211-AT on windows 11, driver 26.4 does install on windows 11.

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-10 214642.png

The driver is in the release notes from 26.6

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-10 213203.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-10 213646.png

0 Kudos
Achilles_Intel

Hello AndyMac60,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you. We have taken note of your feedback and we truly appreciate it as it will help us improve how we can assist you in the future. Since you have already accepted our suggestion as a solution, we will now close this thread. If you ever need our assistance again in the future, feel free to post a new question in the forum as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
bSharp
Beginner

Same issue here. Since upgrading to Win 11, my link speed is capped at 100. I used to get 1Gigabit on Win 10. Is there anyway around this? Is it a driver issue? PS, using the same adapter, Intel I219-V.

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

We now have version 27.0 of the Wired Networking Drivers released and STILL there is NO support for Windows 11 !!!!!!! WHAT IS THE ISSUE INTEL? As Windows 11 was reportedly on 16% of all PCs by the end of January, this is NOT a small number of users that you are affecting!

The situation seems completely ridiculous given that your wireless drivers all support Windows 11 but not your wired drivers, and that your major competitor in the onboard network chip space, Realtek, managed to have Windows 11 specific drivers available BEFORE it was formally launched and are constantly updating them.

Are you wanting people to move get rid of wired networking or to move to motherboards which use Realtek rather than Intel just to make sure that they can keep up to date on their operating system? Getting a feeling my decision to only consider motherboards with Intel Ethernet onboard was maybe the wrong decision!

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Hello,

When i install version 27.0 it says no internet connection found on this computer, just like in my other post, 4 post above this 1, with driver 26.6.

Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming motherboard with Intel ethernet controller I211-AT on windows 11 21H2.

0 Kudos
LinkinParkBoy
Beginner

I have the same issue with Maximus XI Hero.

We now have version 27.0 and no Windows 11 Support for i219-V!

All components are updated for Windows 11, sound, chipset, sata, except Intel's Network, shameful!

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

So, now nearly 6 months after Windows 11 was formally released to the public and many versions of the drivers later, including the brand new 27.1 version, we still have NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT for Windows 11 --- unless you have a specific Intel NUC board that is!

This is frankly appalling.

When are you going to support Windows 11 users with motherboards that have Intel Ethernet on them (or Ethernet cards)?

0 Kudos
LinkinParkBoy
Beginner

"Windows 11 Ready"

And the Ethernet I219-V is the only one not supported, just shameful

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

The release notes and readme files for all the versions so far, including the just released 27.1, each have explicit lists of supported versions of Windows client and server (as well as all the other operating systems supported) and nowhere is Windows 11 mentioned, so I can only assume that Windows 11 still isn't officially supported - and therefore any issue we might have with running Windows 11 on devices using Intel Ethernet adapters is at our own risk and won't be supported by Intel if there are any issues.

Release_Notes_27.1.pdf (intel.com)

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/727294/readme_27.1.txt

0 Kudos
Lordenan
Beginner

@AndyMac60 wrote:

Two PCs with on-board Intel I219-V running Windows 11. Tried to install 26.6 and it comes up with the "No Intel Network Connections found on this computer" error on both of them. Installing 26.4 works fine, but want to make sure (a) latest version and (b) fully supporting Windows 11.

When will we see official support for Windows 11 with the Intel drivers for wired networking, and will this support I219-V chips?

Guys, to our delight Intel updated their network drivers to version 27.2 on 4/5/2022 with full support for Windows 11, finally!

Before I was using version 26.4, after updating to version 27.2 I noticed a big improvement in the mouse performance in online games, I can't explain but it seems that this version improves the smoothness of the mouse for some reason, I believe that because the network drive also impacts the mouse. In terms of network performance, everything is very fast and accurate.

Congratulations to Intel.

Driver download link: Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

0 Kudos
kadk
Beginner

Hey my friend

I could intsall 26.4 but when I want to install 27.2  intel netwrok connection  version not changed after install .Also my  eternet driver  verison   12.19.2.45. what is your current driver version ? Can u describe me how you install 27.2 step by step. Thank u for your help 

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

Uninstall version 26.4 reboot pc, then install version 27.2

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

It sounds like the network card/adapter was already on the latest supported version - this all seems to depend on the network card.

Check the release notes for 26.4 and 27.2 as it may be that the version of driver for the specific network card or adapter in your machine does not need an update.

Typically, from what I have seen, each release of the Intel Driver packs update some but not all cards - so that you might already have the most recent driver, either from a previous Intel install or from Windows updates to drivers.

0 Kudos
Erwin06
Beginner

I had the same problem as u, i installed 27.2 over 26.4 and the version number was still 26.4, then i uninstalled 26.4 reboot the pc, installed 27.2 and now 27.2 was installed correctly.

0 Kudos
AndyMac60
New Contributor I

OK, just done the same - I don't worry too much about the version reported as installed in the Windows app list, more about the version of the driver which, with 27.2 is showing as 12.19.2.45 for the I219-V on my motherboard.

0 Kudos