Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Problem with showing up 10G 4P properties - huge amount of time

mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

I just updated drivers on ethernet cards under Windows server 2016 standard. When I click in to network's properties then I need to wait a couple of seconds to show up. When I used the microsoft drivers on the network the properties showed up immediately.

What can I do to solve this out?

The actual driver version is: 4.1.239.0

Thank you in advance for your any suggestions.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. What is the complete model of your Ethernet card?
  2. Are you using an onboard/embedded Ethernet card?
  3. What is the brand and model of your motherboard or system?
  4. Can you share the link of your latest driver?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your help. Below the answers:

1. I have 4 x Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 4P X550 rNDC with drivers 4.1.239.0.
  2. I am using onboard cards.
  3. This is Dell R640 with motherboard part number W23H8 - I hope it is enough.
  4. I downloaded the latest drivers by using the dell software update utility.

I hope you help me to solve out the problem.

BTW, I already run the dell server update utility and I can see there is a new firmware for the network cards - I will get them and install.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

Thank you for the quick reply. And upon reviewing your reply, yes you may update the firmware of the onboard network cards. However, since the network card is embedded, you need to coordinate with Dell because they may have different steps to update the firmware base on the board. You may also verify the issue with them since the onboard components are sharing resources. That may be the reason why there is a delay in displaying the properties.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your support.

I apologize for providing you incorrect information. The network cards are no onboard. I think this definitely change your approach, isn't?

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

Thank you for the clarifications. And yes, let me gather more details about the issue so that we can re-check everything and verify the cause of the issue. Please provide the following details:

1. Can you provide a photo of the card on both sides for us to validate the markings?
  2. Can you provide a screenshot of the properties that is taking a lot of time to appear?
  3. Please help generate the SSU logs of your system. Kindly download the utility below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?wapkw=ssu

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Please fin the logs and photo of driver's properties. All of the properties tabs show up very slowly.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

Thank you for sending the information that we requested. We will check the details found on this logs for us to provide a recommendation. Please give us 2 to 3 working days to provide an update.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

Thank you for patiently waiting for our update. Here is our recommendations regarding this issue.

Before we proceed, we want to inform you that after validating the markings, we found out that this card is an HP OEM card and because of that, we have a limited support since this is an OEM Ethernet Adapter. What we can only suggest is to perform a clean uninstallation of his driver and reinstall our generic driver 26.6. The 26.6 generic driver and PROSet should be installed separately.

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2016*

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18737/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-server-2016.html

Clean Driver Installation Guide for Intel® Ethernet Connections

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html

After trying the recommendation and you are still encountering the same issue, we recommend that you contact to Dell. Our support is limited since you are using an Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM). For OEM Ethernet adapter, it would still be best to get in touch with their Dell customer technical support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so won't lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller. 

Dell Customer support

https://www.delltechnologies.com/pl-pl/contactus.htm

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
mzkzg
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

I already replaced the drivers as you suggested and I will contact with Dell.

Thank you.

regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello mzkzg,

We appreciate your quick reply and conformation. Since you are now going to contact Dell for further assistance, we will close this thread now.

If you need assistance again in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos