Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Problem with teaming with Intel ethernet adapters

DBrun6
Novice

Hello everybody, my first question here.

So, I own an Asus X99 Deluxe board with the following integrated Intel Gigabit ethernet adapters:

I218-V

I211

I'm on W8.1.

All drivers are up to date and bios too. I'd like to use these two adapters as a teamed connection (static or dynamic, no big difference for my purposes).

So, I set it up, with both cables connected to a managed Netgear switch and ports configured correctly on the switch.

Trouble is, when I create the teaming, the new ethernet adapter getting created just stays disabled and I have no network connection active whatsoever.

If I try to enable it, it seems like it succeeds, but then it stays disabled. Never seen it actually enabled, even for a blink.

I think this is totally unrelated from the switch I'm using, it looks more like a software/OS kind of problem, but I really don't know how to fix this.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DBrun6
Novice

I managed to fix this. It looks like Virtualbox bridged networking driver breaks the functionality, I think this has been going on for years too judging from what I read online. I'll post a ticket to them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBrun6
Novice

I managed to fix this. It looks like Virtualbox bridged networking driver breaks the functionality, I think this has been going on for years too judging from what I read online. I'll post a ticket to them.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Cooperdooper,

Thanks for the post and sharing the information.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos