Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Problems with "Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter" (EXPI9402PTBLK) freezes???

BMan1
Beginner

Hi i'm using this adapter for an industrial application and the two ports is wired directly to two other pc:s. It's working fine however every now and then (maybe once a week) the connection is lost between one port of the EXPI9402PT and one pc. The connection seems to be completely dead as the leds of the adapter stops flashing. A simple reboot of the comuter fixes this issue! It is very imortant that this connection runs at 1gbit all the time so the connection speed of the card is set so. The system is running windows xp and i dont know exactly what version of the driver is yet. (will find out later)

I haven't had any chance to investigate further as the operators reboots the computers as soon as this problem occurs.. But is this a known issue? Should i replace the card with some other model??

Edit: It can of course be the integrated network of the other pc's mobo. I have a couple of intel PRO/1000 GT desktop on order to try it out. I will also have to check if it's heat related. Do you have any other suggestions of what i can try? I can try to replicate the problem by doing a stress test and then try to find out which card is locking up...?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Krausert_R_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Have you checked the power management settings for any of these systems? Try disabling power management for the adapter and LAN ports on the other two machines. Once you find out what driver version you are using, that would be helpful. In addition, do you have any special settings of configurations applied to the Ethernet ports? It would be helpful to get those details as well.

0 Kudos
BMan1
Beginner

All the power savers are disabled, the version of the intel proset is 16.3.48.0 and the driver version is 9.13.41.0, there are much more newer drivers but only for windows 7 and they wont install on xp..!

0 Kudos
SYeo3
Valued Contributor I

Hi Brillfors,

If the 2 systems are on the same speed (1Gbps), you may try disabling Flow Control on all ports. This feature manages the transmission so the faster port will not overwhelm the slower port.

0 Kudos
BMan1
Beginner

Will try that thanks. Is there any way to extract the drivers from the installer to get them running on a 32-bit xp system?

0 Kudos
vt5
New Contributor I

Hi Brillfors, I've tried using 7-zip to extract the installer to folders, xp 32-bit driver downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18717 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=18717

hope this helps.

0 Kudos
BMan1
Beginner

Thanks is that the correct drivers? i cant see the PT dual port server adapter in there... If i search the download center i cant find a single driver for xp.

0 Kudos
vt5
New Contributor I

unfortunately, winXP is not under the supported list of OS for PT Dual port, kindly refer to the product brief - http://www.intel.ph/content/www/ph/en/network-adapters/gigabit-network-adapters/1000-pt-dual-port-server-adapter-brief.html Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter Product Brief .

0 Kudos