Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Proset driver 26.8 can not install on windows 11

Kotori
Beginner

https://www.intel.com.tw/content/www/tw/zh/download/18293/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

it can not install the application tools on windows 11 platform. winzip have error message

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Kotori,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

As per checking on the README File for Proset driver 26.8 unfortunately Windows 11 is not yet supported for this and we are not yet sure if the next update will be supported and when it could get released. 

Please do check from time to time on our link for the next update and also check the README file if Windows 11 will be supported.  

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CBTAnguish
Beginner

With all due respect I have for Intel, Windows 11 has been released for a while now. Me among millions of other users live with it each day. I don't think it's irrational to expect Windows 11 support especially since this new version of the OS has been out for months already.

Zigfreid_Intel

Hi Kotori,

Good day! We hope that you are having a great one so far.

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please let us know so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

As for the others, we do apologize however we don't have an update yet as to when the next version of our drivers will be released however rest assure that our engineers are working on it. Please do check from time to time on our site instead, thank you and have a nice day. 

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hi Kotori,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hi Kotori,

Before we fully close the thread we would also like to share you one of our article for "Support Information for Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) on Microsoft Windows* 11"

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087483/ethernet-products.html

Based on our article, Intel® PROSet and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) will not be supported on Microsoft Windows* 11 or future Microsoft client operating system updates. This includes the Intel ANS features that allow the creation of Intel ANS Teams and VLANs. Intel driver support for Microsoft Windows 11 will be available.

Microsoft Windows 10 is the final Microsoft Windows Operating System to support Intel PROSet and Intel ANS.

If you have further concerns or questions, please do advise us and if you are needing any support for your network ethernet adapter or controller please provide us the exact model as well. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
StephUK
Beginner

HI,

I'm running VMs on different VLANs on my workstation so ANS VLANs feature are a basic requirements. (Model: i219V)

Are you saying that you won't have any adapter supporting VLANs on Windows 11??? What next? Stopping support for full duplex and limiting speed to 10Mbits? 

Thanks,

Stephane.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ouch! Vindictive sarcasm. I like it!

I can only agree; this would imply that Intel (and/or Microsoft) has no plans to support the use of VMs on Windows 11. That doesn't make any sense at all; something *has* to have been lost in translation here.

...S

CBTAnguish
Beginner

Yes, it's almost as if Windows 11 is a version of the OS which people have started using. One would think that tech companies would support it. Oh well, that's an L for Intel.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hi Kotori,

We'd like to know if you have any other questions or clarifications please inform us so we would know if we can close the thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will wait for your reply within 3 business days in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed closing this request.

As for everyone,

We do apologize however Intel Ethernet Team is responsible for validating and submitting new driver packages to OS manufacturers and unfortunately Microsoft does not support Team and VLAN configuration on Windows 11, we hope you can understand. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hi Kotori,

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Rebel
Beginner

I don't think this thread should be closed. Not supporting Windows 11 for those network functions (ANS) with Proset is a non-sense decision. I can't believe you're abandonning your customers because you don't want to port something in the current Windows release.

What prevents you to do it?

0 Kudos
Rebel
Beginner

Anything new on this topic?

0 Kudos