Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

RSS Support in SRIOV (IXGBEVF X540)

Gjo001
Beginner

Iam using Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller 10-Gigabit X540-AT2 with SRIOV enabled and created 32 VFs. I believe this will give 4 RX and 4 TX queues per VF. In the host PF I have enabled MQ mode and RSS is set with 4. 

In my guest(Centos) am running DPDK based application with single VF, 4 cores and 4 (rx,tx) queues. But packets are distributed only in the single core. In DPDK application I have set rss_hf as ETH_RSS_PROTO_MASK and mq_mode is set to ETH_MQ_RX_RSS. App is reading from all the 4 queues. But only queue 0 is getting packets. 

How can I enable distribution of packets into all the 4 queues in ixgbevf.

ixgbe PF

----------

bash:~$ ethtool -k p2p2 | grep hash

receive-hashing: on

OS   - Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS

Kernel - 4.2.0-27-generic 

Guest VF

--------

OS   - CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

Kernel - 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64

DPDK  - dpdk-17.05

Thanks in advance.

geetz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello geetz,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since this question involves DPDK, please check with Intel Premier Support. See the following for access to Intel Premier Support. Click the "Access and Log In" to contact the DPDK support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/support/ips/training/welcome

If there is any other assistance needed from Ethernet support team, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello geetz,

How you doing today?

We hope that you were able to request assistance from DPDK support. Just in case any other assistance is needed from Intel Ethernet support team, please let us know and we will be glad to be of help.

Awaiting to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello geetz,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow up. Just in case you have any other concern or assistance needed in the future, please feel free to post a new question.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos