Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

Random internet disconnection with ethernet cable (i219-v)

X_mouth
Beginner

Hello ! 

So this week i switched from a wireless connection to a wired one, and i noticed that sometimes i had some small random disconnection which lasts few secondes, and it happens every minute.

in the last 24h, when i started my pc i had no issues with the internet connection, and then i put my pc on "stand by" a first time and i wake the pc,it worked fine, 0 problem, but the second time when i put my pc on stand by and i wake up the pc,  the problem started.

(sorry for my bad english, i usually speak french but u can write in english i understand it very well )

help2.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
X_mouth
Beginner

Important :

when i go to events viewer (look at the screen shot ) and when i double click to the "warning" or information i have this message (it's in french but i think u can understand it ) : 

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V
La liaison réseau a été établie à 100 Mbit/s duplex intégral.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello X_mouth, 

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-V. To proceed checking your query, kindly provide the following information.

1. Brand and model of the motherboard where the I219-V was embedded. 

2. Operating System used

3. Do you see any error message whenever the Ethernet get disconnected?

4. Driver version installed on your system

Looking forward to your reply.

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
X_mouth
Beginner

Hey Crisselle !

1. i am using the MSI H310-F pro

2. OS : Windows 10 professional

3. i dont have any error message, but when i look in the "events viewer" i have this error message " The network link has been disconnected "

4.  i tried the newest version of the driver that i found in Intel website, and the newest version found in website of Msi for the h310 f pro but it didnt solve my problem, i uninstalled them, i restarded my PC and now i have the version 12.19.1.37

0 Kudos
X_mouth
Beginner

And i dont think it's a hardware problem, because when i boot my pc, i dont have any problem in most of the time, it's when i put the computer to "sleep" that this problem starts, i think it's a software problem

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello X_mouth, 

Thank you for the reply.

Will you be able to try out the steps from link below and check if it will help in resolving the issue?

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V Intermittently Disconnects from the Internet

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059067/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Awaiting to your reply.

We will make sure to reach out after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
X_mouth
Beginner
Hey Crisselle ! 

yesterday in the morning i tried all the steps from the link below (except updating the BIOS ) and in the last 30hours, i had 30min of internet disconnection,  and THIS morning i rebooted my pc and since then i had 0 problem, so i think we solved the problem ! thank you for your help !

( by the way i think that i fixed the problem after turning off my antivrus firewall, my antivrus is "windows security" ) 
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello X_mouth, 

Thank you for the swift response.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for choosing Intel and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos