Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Re:Network adapter won't start even though it's updated {This device cannot start. (Code 10) }

JAVI66
Beginner

My network adapter (Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection) won't start even though I have the newest drivers This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I've attached the logs I got through System Support Utility

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JAVI66,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Based on the SSU logs, the driver version is 12.10.28.0 from Intel. With this, we'd like to check if you have tried using the driver provided by your manufacturer as the driver from our website are generic versions, and can be used for general purposes? However, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) might have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you also try the driver and use the software by your manufacturer. 

I've tried checking the available downloads for your system and found the link below.

https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/fujitsu/laptops-desktops/esprimo-p900/3969

Can you also share if you there is any software or hardware changes prior to the issue? Like Windows update or did you add a new device/hardware on the system? Have you also tried disabling/enabling the adapter and updating all the driver and BIOS from your manufacturer?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JAVI66
Beginner

I've installed the OEM version and it doesn't work. It still shows me the yellow warning sign beside it in device manager.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JAVI66,

Thank you for the reply.

I am sorry to hear that you still encounter the same issue after trying the driver from Fujitsu. 

It seems like you missed to provide the other information that we requested on our initial response. But don't worry as we have listed it here together with some recommendations. 

1.) Is there any software or hardware changes prior to the issue? Like Windows update or did you add a new device/hardware on the system? 

2.) Have you also tried disabling/enabling the adapter?

3.) Have you tried updating all the other driver and BIOS from your manufacturer?

You may also try to perform the following steps and check if the issue would still occur. 

1.) Uninstall the Device and restart the computer. The error Code 10 you're seeing could have been caused by a temporary problem in Device Manager or with the hardware. 

2.) Remove any hardware you may added to the computer prior to the error message. There could be a device causing a hardware conflict or compatibility issues. Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared? If so, it's possible that the change you made caused the Code 10 error. Undo the change if you can, restart your PC, and then check again for the Code 10 error.

3.) Perform a clean installation of drivers. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the device is a likely solution to a Code 10 error. Notice that properly reinstalling a driver is not the same as simply updating a driver. A full driver reinstall involves completely removing the currently installed driver. Refer to instructions below on how to perform clean driver installation.

a.) In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet PHY and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

b.) Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

4.) Since you already tried the latest version, you may try older version of the driver for the device. It's also possible that installing the older drivers for the device could correct the Code 10 error.

25.0 or 25.2

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/47620/Intel-82579LM-Gigabit-Ethernet-PHY

If the above steps doesn't help in fixing the issue, we suggest raising this issue to Fujitsu for further assistance since the controller is embedded on an OEM system. 

As a last resource, if you're positive that a hardware problem isn't causing the Code 10 error, you could try a repair install of Windows. If that doesn't work, try a clean install of Windows. But this might take a lot of effort so we highly recommend checking this issue first with Fujitsu support.

Awaiting to your reply. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JAVI66,

How are you doing?

We'd like to check if you are able to perform the recommendations provided. If yes, please share an update for the result. If not yet, please let us know on when do you expect to perform the steps for us to adjust our follow up date.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Should there be no response, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello JAVI66,

Good day!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos