Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Re: i219-V Stability Issues when Link Speed is negotiated above 10M-FDx

AAlex35
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem with ASRock B150 Pro4/3.1 motherboard. Tried drivers from mobo vendor (v 20.2) and directly from Intel (v 21.0). Suggested fixes found on the web doesn't seem to help. Steam downloads work just fine with other adapters, connected via PCI, but kill the connection on I219-V... Please, help resolve this annoying issue, because downloading large gaming titles on 10Mbps is a pain...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ephtrackx,

Thank you for the post. I have branch your inquiry out on a new thread so that we can check it from here. Have you tried tweak the offloading option in the advance property of the network adapter?

Go to device manager->network adapter->i219V-> Do a right click go to property->Advance,

check or un-check the TCP/IP offloading option:

You may refer to this website for reference

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products/000005593.html

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
AAlex35
Beginner

Sadly, that hasn't helped...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ephtrackx,

Thank you for the update. I will further check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ephtrackx,

Can you help disable flow control on the network adapter, please feel free to update the result.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
AAlex35
Beginner

Already tried that one with no result...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ephtrackx,

Thank you for sharing the test result. I will need to investigate further.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ephtrackx,

Can you share more information for better investigation:

1. Does the issue occurred if it was connected above 10 mbps?

2. What is the brand and model of other adapter that works properly on your setup?

3 What is the switch or router brand and model used to connect i219-V to internet

4. when i219-V connects > 10 mbps, what is the specific error in Stream downloads?

5. Have you tried to report this concern to Asrock since our adapter is being integrated to their system and customization might be made.

6. have you tried to disable the power management settings in the advanced properties of i219-V such as turn off this adapter to save power?

Thanks

wb
0 Kudos
AAlex35
Beginner

1. Yes. If I set 10Mbps Full Duplex, only then it works fine. Above that - nope.

2. Currently I use TP-LINK TG-3468 and it works fine without any adjustements out of the box.

3. ASUS GX 1005B.

4. There is no error. Downloading starts, and shortly after that (5 seconds or so) the speed starts decreasing and in about 10-15 seconds download stops completely and internet connection disappears, showing yellow triangle over the connection icon.

5. Yes, but they didn't provide any feedback at all.

6. Yes, but to no avail.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ephtrackx,

Thank you for the information. Let me further check based on the information provided.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ephtrackx,

This is possible an isolated case. Can you check if you see any error on the event viewer then the connectivity fail? There are reported download issues about Steam http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1951237/steam-download-issues.html, (pls note this is third party website for your reference only, Intel has no control over the content)

If there is an error on the log, please feel free to send us the log.

thanks

wb

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Ephtrackx,

Good day. Please feel free to provide the information for better assistance.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos