Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4811 Discussions

Report and Question of 82583V linkdown issue (report of "Need detail delta from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0 affected to 82583V.")

ksugi7
Beginner

Hello Everyone,

This is report of "Need detail delta from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0 affected to 82583V." and new question.

Before to read this post, please read "Need detail delta from ProSet 16.4 to ProSet 22.0 affected to 82583V.".

Finaly, We got the pc with problem. but we can't reproduce linkdown phenomena in our factory.

On the other way, result of linkdown tendency analysis, linkdown was occurred in dedicated machines,

dedicated day(Sunday, Tuesday and Friday) and early morning(3:00am to 7:00am).

Result of investigation, above day and time are matched with "Office automatic updates" task.

Therefore result of check all machines, linkdown occured machines were enabled "Office automatic updates"

and "Office Click to Run" task.

In conclusion, We think linkdown phenomena is occurred by combination of ProSet 22.0, 82583V,

"Office automatic updates" and "Office Click to Run" task.

Our report is overall.

So, We have question: Although Proset 22.0 is only updated in this combination, Why linkdown is occurred?

and If you have counter measure, please share us.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ksugi7,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please share details below for us to check on your query.

1.) How many systems are affected by this issue.

2.) Have you tried disabling the "Office automatic updates" or "Office Click to Run" (or both disabled) task to further isolate the issue?

3.) Please provide 2 System Support Utility log of your system. One from having the link down issue and one from system that is working fine. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 and download the software.

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

We look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello ksugi7,

Good day!

Please provide the requested information for us to check your request. If you have additional questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.

Awaiting to your response.

We'll follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

I am sorry to have kept you waiting.

> 1.) How many systems are affected by this issue.

228 systems

> 2.) Have you tried disabling the "Office automatic updates" or "Office Click to Run" (or both disabled) task to further isolate the issue?

Yes. We tried 12system to disable "Office automatic updates" and "Office Click to Run".

After disable these tasks, linkdown issues are not appeared.

> 3.) Please provide 2 System Support Utility log of your system. One from having the link down issue and one from system that is working fine. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

I have not enought time to work. please wait several days.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama,

No problem at all. We appreciate your reply.

Feel free to provide the requested SSU log file anytime when it is already available. To give you more time, we will be making another follow up after 5 business days.

Awaiting to hear from you.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I am sorry to have kept you waiting.

> 3.) Please provide 2 System Support Utility log of your system. One from having the link down issue and one from system that is working fine. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

I attached log files. Please check it.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

No problem at all. Appreciate your effort in providing the SSU logs.

Please allow us some time to check on this. Rest assured that we will be providing an update within 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Good day!

While we are checking this issue, please let us know if you have tried the latest driver version form the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

We look forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I was glad to receive your mail!

We didn't re-product this issue in our bench

and it is difficult to ask our customer to try the driver update.

So, there is high probability that we can't detect any changes.

If possible, I'd like to know about latest driver modification.

So, what was changed from Proset 22.0 and which modification is improved this issue?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Thank you for your prompt reply.

We understand that it would be difficult to update the driver to its latest version.

For the driver modification, you may refer to the 'What's New' Section from the download link of each driver.

Sharing the download link of Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283/Intel-Ethernet-Adapter-Complete-Driver-Pack

Please allow us to continue to investigate on this issue. We will get back to you within 2-3 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Good day!

Please be informed that we are still checking your request. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as possible but no later than 3 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Thank you for the patience on this matter.

We'd like to check if you have tried to downgrade the driver version from 12.7.28.0 to 11.7.32.0, does it fix the issue? Based on the provided SSU logs, the system that is working fine uses 11.7.32.0 driver version.

Looking forward to your response.

In case we don't hear from you, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

Hello Crisselle,

I'm sorry to my late response.

We'd feel that driver version is important factor, too.

But we can't try to downgrate to 11.7.32.0. because there is high possibility that the driver re-produce 82579LM's link-flaping issue.

Because these issues are long time trouble for our customer,

we have feel difficultly to propose the trial of driver change.

So, Crisselle, Could I think that Intel thinks to can't report

until breaking down the driver version to real cause?

If yes, that requires long time including whether can propose or cannot.

So, Could you close this session and we will report to new session when any updates.

And although I check 'What's New' Section of IntelR Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack,

I can't find any information of 82583V's update.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sugiyama

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Thank you for the reply.

We understand that downgrading to 11.7.32.0 is not possible as it might cause another issue.

Kindly clarify this statement 'So, Could you close this session and we will report to new session when any updates'. Does this mean that you are requesting to temporarily close this request and post a new question in case there is any update?

Please be informed that Intel does not release complete change log history of SW/Driver Builds. You can only refer to "what's new?" section of the readme file included in the SW package.

Looking forward to your response.

In case we don't receive a reply, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
ksugi7
Beginner

​Hello Crisselle,

Sorry for my late response.

I was absent because of a business trip yesterday.

Kindly clarify this statement 'So, Could you close this session and we will report to new session when any updates'. Does this mean that you are requesting to temporarily close this request and post a new question in case there is any update?

Yes.

Please be informed that Intel does not release complete change log history of SW/Driver Builds. You can only refer to "what's new?" section of the readme file included in the SW package.

Yes, I understand.

If you find or I can refer the other information, please share.

I'll back if any updates!

Thanks,

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Thank you for the time in sending us a reply.

If that's the case then, we will now proceed closing this request. Please feel free to reopen this request for the next few days or post a new question.

Have a wonderful day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

Good day! 

Prior to request closure, will you be able to uninstall the PROSet to further isolate the issue and just use the inbox driver?

We look forward to your reply.

In case we don't hear from you, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Sugiyama, 

How are you today?

We'd like to check if you will be able to perform our suggestions from previous post?

Awaiting to your response.

We understand that you have already requested to temporary close this request. With this, in case we don't hear from you, we will proceed with closure after 3 business days.

May you have a lovely day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos