Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4872 Discussions

S5520HC Board NIC not working

SSzab4
Beginner

Hi

I bought a S5520HC board with 2 xeon processors. I plugged everything on. And ubuntu wont see the ethernet card. So there is no internet.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello SSzab4,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Here are the validated Operating System for your board. Can you also try to install a validated OS and check if it can detect the on-board NIC?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007284/server-products.html?productId=36599&localeCode=us_en

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SSzab4,

I am just making a follow up to check if you already tried installing a validated OS and if the on-board NIC is now detected?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
SSzab4
Beginner

I didn't have time to do that, sorry. But thats okay if the bios isn't show the ip address in menu?(just 0.0.0.0) And can I use ubuntu server as OS?​

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SSzab4,

By the way, for the serverboard. I am sorry to inform you that we don't have technical support for it anymore. And the link that I gave are the tested operating system when it was launched. You may also ask Ubuntu if you can use their OS as a server OS. But I still suggest that you follow the validated OS for your board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello SSzab4,

Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos