Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4852 Discussions

Security jumper behaviour on XXV710-DA2 cards

Metal
Beginner

I'm investigating using the XXV710-DA2 (Harbor Channel) in a future systems specification and I need to know more about the semantics and operation of the "security disable jumper". 

Specifically, I need to confirm the right jumper to connect for testing our existing cards and to know what effect the jumper is supposed to have on the card. It isn't explicit from the docs how the jumper might disable the flash/NVM protection features, whether it does something like putting the controller into "blank flash programming mode" or simply signals the EMP to disable protections.

The EPS document for this part (571547-harbor-channel-oem-eps-1-0.pdf) says to contact Intel for more information about this topic, so here I am. I'm very much looking forward to your response.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Metal, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Would you be able to provide a link to the EPS document referenced in your post? Please provide the markings from the product label on one of the XXV710-DA2 adapters. We will use this to find the correct information. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Metal, Please let us know if you still need assistance with this information. Please provide markings from one of the adapters if possible. Let us know if you have any other questions. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
Daniel_D_Intel1
Employee
Hello Metal, If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Daniel D Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos