Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
5027 Discussions

Slow connecting to Internet via Ethernet after sleep of during boot

Ellary
Beginner

This problem began about a month ago. When my PC awakes from sleep it takes about 30 seconds to connect to the Internet. It used to be instantly.

So I'm looking for possible changes that may have caused this. At some point I disabled the Killer Network service and Killer Smart Connect service because I was told they weren't needed. Turning them back on did not resolve the problem, although it may have slowed the connection at boot. Microsoft's Windows 10 forum is telling me this may be caused by power issues. I made no changes to those settings. And the power troubleshooter found no issues.

I'm running Windows 10, with a Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller running on an ASRock Fatility Z97 Killer motherboard.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
B_Y
Employee

Hello @Ellary,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

The following Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Intel® Killer™ Ethernet Products have been discontinued.

• Killer Wireless-AC 1435
  • Killer Wireless-AC 1525
  • Killer Wireless-AC 1535
  • Killer E2200
  • Killer E2400
  • Killer E2500

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. For WiFi and Ethernet driver updates and troubleshooting guidelines for above products refer to PC manufacturer's websites as Intel does not develop, store, or provide these drivers.

You may also try this:

- Execute "chkdsk c: /f" with cmd and then a restart (check for any corrupt OS)

- Re-installing drivers from PC manufacturer

- Disabling all power saving settings in device manager (allowing computer to turn off device, energy efficient ethernet etc.)

Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

BY_Intel

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos