Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4862 Discussions

Slow network/internet speed with internal Intel 82579lm

MacGyver
Beginner

This is on a Dell Precision M6600 and the network speed is around 60Mbps and Proset reports Interrupt Status Fail.

I have checked all wiring and tested it with another computer so the cables and router are fully functional to 1Gb internal to my network and matches and it goes slightly over 200Mbps of my subscribed provider speed. 

The problem surfaced after a clean install of Windows 10 pro and I have tried uninstalling the ethernet drivers and reinstalled the Network Connection Ver 26.3 driver several times with no luck.

The only thing I see is that the Interrupt Status Fail may be the problem and I have no other direction to go to fix this problem! Please advise me which way I need to go in this matter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MacGyver
Beginner

Update:

I have found my own solution to the low speeds on my network and the Internet.

I hope that others who have the same issues may find this useful.

The computer is a Dell Precision M6600 Laptop, prior to a clean install I did not have the speed issues and it may be something that Microsoft Windows 10 Pro did when I performed a clean install with fresh drivers.

To get it to finally work with the network chipset I had to go into the BIOS and change the settings in Integrated NIC and enable w/PXE (PXE) Boot I also had to go into Performance / Intel SpeedStep and Disable it so that the Processor will be in the highest performance state.

I had tried one at a time and in the end, the above settings worked and my speed on the network was restored.

MacGyver

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MacGyver
Beginner

Update:

I have found my own solution to the low speeds on my network and the Internet.

I hope that others who have the same issues may find this useful.

The computer is a Dell Precision M6600 Laptop, prior to a clean install I did not have the speed issues and it may be something that Microsoft Windows 10 Pro did when I performed a clean install with fresh drivers.

To get it to finally work with the network chipset I had to go into the BIOS and change the settings in Integrated NIC and enable w/PXE (PXE) Boot I also had to go into Performance / Intel SpeedStep and Disable it so that the Processor will be in the highest performance state.

I had tried one at a time and in the end, the above settings worked and my speed on the network was restored.

MacGyver

0 Kudos