Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Software Release 25.0 PROsetACU.exe some I219-V and I211 Adapter Information values displayed in Portuguese on an English system

GConw1
Beginner

I upgraded the Intel PROset driver software tonight and happened to notice an issue with the ACU display afterwards.

The Intel PROset Adapter Configuration Utility for the I219-V for parameters like Negotiated link speed displays não suportado while Media type displays Cobre being Portuguese for Not supported and Copper but it is also not consistent. The I211 value for ETrackID displays as Not supported but for the its value Negotiated link speed it displays não suportado instead of Not supported.

All other headings and text is displayed correctly in English as are all Adapter Settings while for the Adapter Setting Values I couldn't find any values that weren't in English so it appears as though it is only some Parameter values in the Adapter Information fields that are being displayed in Portuguese when they are meant to be in English.

The system is running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 18363.752 with English(Australian) Language. The system has always been an English(Australian) system though it has been upgraded a few time since originally being installed a couple of years ago.

Geoff

0 Kudos
33 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

We would like to let you know that version 25.1 is already available. Please check if it fixes the issue being experienced.

Make sure to completely remove the other SW/Drivers first.

Looking forward to your reply. Should we not hear from you, we will reach out after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

This is just a follow-up post.

We would like to ask if you require more time to test version 25.1.

We look forward to your update. Should we not get an update, we will check back with you after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
GConw1
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

Unfortunately I only just saw the forum messages - but I am able to confirm the test results I made.

I found time to install the latest driver set 25_1.zip and this has made no difference to the outcome.

Other than the driver version number changing from 12.18.9.10 --> 12.18.9.23 in the case of the I219-V interface there is otherwise no change and the same fields have identical values.

So instead of not supported it states não suportado for Negotiated Link Speed and Negotiated Link Width and não suportado for the Port field also. And Cobre for Media Type instead of Copper as expected.

The I211 value for ETrackID displays as Not supported but its value Negotiated link speed it displays não suportado instead of Not supported which is also the same result with the 25.0 driver pack.

So no change at all to the displayed field values

Current language for non-Unicode programs remains as English (Australia)

Regards

Geoff

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner
I can also confirm Geoff's findings with regards release 25.1. No change from 25.0 with regards Portuguese language labels. The term "Team" is also showing up as "GRUPO". Dan.
0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Gconw1,

Thank you for your time in carrying out that update.

It is surprising that the issue is still present.

Please allow us some time to further check on this.

Hi DMorg21,

We would just check if there is something consisted with your system's configuration with Gconw1.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility Tool from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After downloading, please run the application and save the logs to a text file. Please attach the text file on your reply.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner

Hi AlfredS,

Please find (attached), the requested report from SSU.

As Gconw1 has previously stated, the issue (for me) has only started since v25.0 of the drivers. Prior to that, there wasn't a problem. The only other thing that's been changed is the usual Windows Updates cycle.

Regards,

Dan M.

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi DMorg21,

Thank you for the logs.

We will continue on investigating the issue.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Valued Community Members on this thread,

Thank you for waiting for our update.

While we are investigating this issue, please try installing version 25.1.1 as there were updates made to ACU. .

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Dmorg21,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to test our newest driver.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Dmorg21, 

We need to inform you that we need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you with this , we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you still need assistance with your thread, please just contact us again or submit another ticket online and we will be more than glad to help you.

Thank you for posting in Intel® Ethernet Communities and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner

I didn't recieve any notification (via email) that a reply had been made.

I have downloaded 25.2 and will try that.

Dan / Gib.

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner

Tried 25.2. Uninstalled 25.1, and rebooted the PC, which in turn removed all prior set-up Teams automatically, then installed 25.2 with admin priviledges.

No change, please see screenshots below:

Immediately after LACP Teaming Setup: https://imgur.com/YcrSmz0
After Refresh of LACP Teaming & VLANs tab: https://imgur.com/nMTqY6o
Adapter Details Tab (Intel i218-V adapter): https://imgur.com/I98OPkW
Adapter Details Tab (Intel i211 adapter): https://imgur.com/Ti8EN5L

All screenshots taken with the 25.2 release installed.

Regards,

Dan / Gib.

0 Kudos
DMorg21
Beginner

... And one more image I forgot to add:

Windows Explorer - Network Adapters: https://imgur.com/kbqE1aW

Regards,

Dan / Gib.

0 Kudos