Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Suitable Replacement for HPE FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 534FLR-SFP+ Adapter

scuthber
Beginner

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement for the above NIC? We have a multi-node Windows 2016 cluster with a couple of hundred Hyper-V, VM's on it and converged networking running on a team of these and are getting nothing but problems.

We keep getting shared IO on our CSV's which takes down VM's. Errors in the event logs suggest it's the NICs running out of memory:

Memory allocated for packets in a vRss queue (on CPU 0) on switch  (Friendly Name: 10G Converged Switch) due to low resource on the physical NIC has increased to 1280MB. Packets will be dropped once queue size reaches 512MB.

We are running HP DL360 Gen9's. HP are blaming Microsoft, Dell and Nimble and just not offering any solutions. I'l just like to get Broadcom out of the equation!

TIA, Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that and as much as I want to help you and recommend a card with the same specification or higher than your current network card, my concern is it may have issue again since you have an existing system.

My suggestion is you need to talk to HP and ask for the list of supported or compatible network adapter for your system. By doing this, it should lessen the possible issues that you will encounter since the list of the cards that they will provide are validated and tested on your system

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that and as much as I want to help you and recommend a card with the same specification or higher than your current network card, my concern is it may have issue again since you have an existing system.

My suggestion is you need to talk to HP and ask for the list of supported or compatible network adapter for your system. By doing this, it should lessen the possible issues that you will encounter since the list of the cards that they will provide are validated and tested on your system

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

I hope you are having a good day. I just want to check if you still have clarifications regarding this thread.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
scuthber
Beginner

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your reply. We are already in discussion with HPE, but unfortunately they have yet to offer a solution, even after many months. I have lost confidence in them completely.

Steve

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

I am sorry to hear that, however they are the one who knows the list of supported network cards for their board.

Compatibility is always dictated by the board and they do this during the testing period of the board.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

We are just checking if you are now talking to the manufacturer of the board for further assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
scuthber
Beginner

Hello Michael,

We are (still) talking with HPE. They have yet to make a suggestion.

Steve

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

Thank you for the update. Yes, it best to continue coordinating with them regarding the issue since this is their board.

Do you still have clarifications with us regarding this thread?

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

How are you today? Since you are now talking to HPE, We just want to check if you still have clarifications with us regarding this thread?

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
scuthber
Beginner

Hi Michael,

We are in discussion with HPE as you say. You can close/archive this thread if you want.

Steve

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello scuthber,

Thank you for the update and I am glad that you are now talking to HPE.

I will close this thread now and if you need assistance again, please don't hesitate to post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos