Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4808 Discussions

Teaming does not work

DTsyp
Beginner

I have Asrock Z87 Fatality motherboard with two adapters:

I-211 and I217-V

I created team (StaticLinkAggregation), but the network does not work. I used the instructions from this post :https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049EIPHSA4/235-ans-teaming-powershell-cmdlet-hanging?language=ru

Windows Network Diagnostic says: Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration. When I use command prompt command ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it says Unable to contact your DHCP Server.

What should I do? Windows Firewall disabled and antivirus either.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Please provide the details below for us to check on your query: 1.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below. a- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- b- Open SSU.exe c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". d- When finished scanning, click "Next". e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. 2.) Kindly share if you have tried updating/reinstalling the network drivers Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DTsyp
Beginner

Hi! I'll attach three files. The first file is the SSU report without Teaming. When I activate teaming using Powershell Windows fails and BSOD occurs (dump file attached). And so every time I turn on the computer. To keep windows running normally I have to physically disable all Ethernet cables from the computer. Then I save dump file and made another SSU analysis.

0 Kudos
DTsyp
Beginner

Report when teaming enable, but cables disabled

0 Kudos
DTsyp
Beginner
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Just want to make a follow up on the following details for us to further check the issue. 1.) System Support Utility log of your system. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below. a- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- b- Open SSU.exe c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". d- When finished scanning, click "Next". e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. 2.) Kindly share if you have tried updating/reinstalling the network drivers Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Thank you for sending 3 SSU files. We need to check these files and get back to you as soon as we have an update. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Base on the SSU, you did created a Team. However, let me gather the following details for us to investigate further. 1. Are you using the latest drivers? 2. Since your NIC cards are both on-board. Your board manufacturer may have altered the NIC. Have you tried contacting them regarding this issue? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DTsyp
Beginner

Yes, I am using the latest drivers.

No, Asrock doesn't have alternate teaming software or technologies.

However, I dont understand why windows fails into BSOD

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Can you provide the complete model of your board? When do you usually encounter BSOD? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DTsyp
Beginner

Asrock Fatal1ty Z87 Professional.

I create a team using powershell, then immediately BSOD appears. Then computer restarts. The desktop loads. BSOD appears. Computer restarts. And it continues until unplugging ethernet cables​

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Thank you for further explaining the exact problem. From your explanation, it seems that this is not just a normal Teaming issue because the whole system is giving BSOD issue. Here are some of my recommendations. 1. Try updating the BIOS of your board, their latest BIOS may have some fix on LAN issues. 2. You may try contacting Asrock support and check if the have an advisory for this issue. Kindly open the link below and click Contact technical Support(Networking) https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=Drivers If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello DTsyp, We'd like to check if the BIOS update helped you to fix the issue. Please let us know if you were able to contact Asrock for further assistance. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Kindly let us know if you need other assistance for this matter. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Please let us know if the issue with Windows Network Diagnostic that says "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" is now resolved? And now you are having BSOD issue with your system. Just to double check, you mentioned that you encountered BSOD while using the powershell, does the issue also occur even you're not using powershell? Like just browsing some files or your normal activities on your system. Do you also experience BSOD even without teaming? This would help us to further investigate the issue. Looking forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello DTsyp, Kindly provide the information the we requested. This would help us to further investigate the issue. We look forward to your response. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos