Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4875 Discussions

Teaming of windows 2008 r2

gdesm1
Beginner

Hello Folks,

I have teamed my production lan with two adapters (onboard and adapter nic) for my cluster production network (windows 2008 r2)

http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm

Based on the selected teaming policy I have initially used adaptive load balancing (ALB). with onboard as primary adapter, secondary is on the adapter nic giving me a 2 GB link (active active).. But i have notice on the cluster end these error logs are seen

System Event logs:

We received 1127 and 1129

08/20/2013 11:36:40 PM Error 1127 Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering Network Manager NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Cluster network interface - Production LAN' for cluster node on network 'Production' failed. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

08/20/2013 11:36:40 PM Error 1129 Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering Network Manager NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Cluster network 'Production' is partitioned. Some attached failover cluster nodes cannot communicate with each other over the network. The failover cluster was not able to determine the location of the failure. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

To prevent the issue from occurring.. I realized it is the teaming issue causing the problem which i disabled one side of the NIC and so far it is working fine... What would be the recommended teaming policy? My core switch is a active-active design whereby one of NIC goes to each switch for redundancy... Is Adaptive Load Balancing recommended still? or Switch Fault Tolerance?

Current driver version used : 11.14.44.0

0 Kudos
0 Replies