Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

The Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems

StockJanitor
Beginner

Upon upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10, my ethernet connection stopped working.

I have tried installing all versions of drivers, restarted computer every single time. It just does not work.

My specs:

Windows 10 Pro OS build 19043.928 64x bit

Asus Z170-AR

I found in event error:

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FE requires further installation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our reply. If yes, kindly confirm and advise if you still need our assistance on this matter. 

Looking forward to your reply.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are sorry to hear that you are having Ethernet issue on your system.

For us to check the issue, kindly provide the following information. 

1. Just to confirm, the issue started after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10?

2. How long did the Ethernet was working fine?

3. Is the Ethernet adapter detected as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V from you Device manager? 

4. Do you see any error message on the Device Manager? 

5. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, please be informed that we may have a limited support on this one and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.

With that being said, can you confirm if you already tried the driver provided by Asus? If yes, please share the result with us. 

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/z170ar/HelpDesk_Download/

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
StockJanitor
Beginner
Hi Crisselle,

For us to check the issue, kindly provide the following information. 

1. Just to confirm, the issue started after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10? 
1) Yes the issue started after upgrading to Windows 10

2. How long did the Ethernet was working fine?
2) It worked for approx. 5min to 2hours.

3. Is the Ethernet adapter detected as Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V from you Device manager? 
3) It it is detected but unable to start. 

4. Do you see any error message on the Device Manager? 
4) Yes, there is a yellow triangle " ! " mark on the I219-V

5. We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Asus system. For Original Equipment Manufacturer(OEM) on-board Ethernet controller, please be informed that we may have a limited support on this one and it would be best if you can also get in touch with Asus for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customizations of the Ethernet controller.
5) ok i will contact asus.

With that being said, can you confirm if you already tried the driver provided by Asus? If yes, please share the result with us. 
-Yes I have tried all version of drivers, the newest to the oldest and the OEM CD driver. all didnt work....
Then i deleted Win10 and re-installed Win7 and the ethernet started working again....

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Appreciate your swift response.

You mentioned that there is a yellow triangle " ! " mark on the I219-V. Can you share if you see any error messages when you click the Properties of Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-V check the Device Status under General Tab?

We will also wait for your update once you contacted Asus regarding this issue. You may check with them if there is a similar issue to this one for possible resolution. 

Awaiting to hear from you.

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a reply. 

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Good day!

This is just a follow up to check if you have read our reply. If yes, kindly confirm and advise if you still need our assistance on this matter. 

We will follow up after 3 business days in case we don't receive a response.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
StockJanitor
Beginner

Hi Crisselle,

Ummm Asus answer was not that helpful, 

My solution:
1. I reinstalled Win7 then deleted it and reinstalled Win10 "again"

then the ethernet worked,

2. every time Windows started successfully, I create a restore point just in case i run into that situation again. (Which the problem rise up again, but i dont know what caused it so i restored Win10)

So far im trying to figure out the problem step by step. 

Thank you for your follow up.

I think I dont need assistance from now.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Thank you for the update.

We are sorry to hear that Asus answer was not that helpful. 

Since you mentioned that no assistance is needed for now, please be informed that we will now proceed with request closure. If you may have any other inquiry in the future or additional question, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

May you have a great day and stay safe!

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello StockJanitor,

Good day!

You may also consider trying out our driver for Windows 10. The download includes base drivers, Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, and Intel® PROSet Adapter Configuration Utility for Intel® Network Adapters with Windows® 10.

This software may also apply to Intel® Ethernet Controllers similar to yours however, support for built-in network connections is still provided by the system or board manufacturer because they are still the best source of support.

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18293/25016/intel-network-adapter-driver-for-windows-10.html

We will now close this case as we previously mentioned. Feel free to post a new question should you need further assistance. 

Thank you for choosing Intel!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos