Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4853 Discussions

The difference between 12.15.184.0 and 12.15.22.6 for Intel I211 Gigabit Network Connection driver

NNaga5
Beginner

Dear Lady or Gentleman

My PC has been installed 12.15.22.6 for Intel I211 Gigabit Network Connection driver. Now I have found the latest one, 12.15.184.0.

I would like to know the difference between them.

I really appreciate if you provide the revision history of I211 Gigabit Network connection driver.

Regards,

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Caguicla_Intel
Hello NNaga5, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. While we are checking on which Proset this driver version 12.15.22.6 includes, you can check and visit this link for What's New in Latest Releases of Intel® Ethernet Software: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005840/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Hello, Crisselle Thank you for your answer. I tried to find out 12.15.22.6 but I could not find out the specific place for this version. Could you please let me know more detail link to get the information? Best Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello NNaga5, Thank you for the reply. We are currently checking on which SW release version 12.15.22.6 was included, but we can't seem to find it. We only found 12.12.226.0 from SW version 20.7.1. Is it possible if you can send us SSU logs so we can double check the driver version? Kindly refer to the steps below: 1- Download from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 2- Open SSU.exe 3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan". 4- When finished scanning, click "Next". 5- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Hello, Crisselle Please take a look at the attached file which is created by SSU. Best Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the prompt reply. We haven't seen your attachment. Kindly attach the SSU log file in this thread. https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004GDvKPSA1/the-difference-between-12151840-and-1215226-for-intel-i211-gigabit-network-connection-driver If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Hello, Crisselle I seems to miss to attach the file. Please see the attached file. By the way, when I tried to log in the link you sent, the server always rejects me. Do you know the reason? It looks that I am not recognized as Intel customer or partner, though I can sign in Intel support page. Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the prompt reply. We still haven't seen your attached file. For the meantime, we will send a private message to you so you could attach the requested information. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Good day! We still haven't received the requested information. Kindly send the SSU logs for us to double check the driver version installed on your system. If you have additional questions, please let me know. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Dear Crisselle As you requested me to send my private email to you, I have sent you on 3/14 because I could not log in the site I had to attach the file. Do I need to resend the email address? If so, please let me know. Best Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the reply. We have sent an email to you last March 18 using the email address that you provided. We will resend the email if you haven't receive it. Please let me know once you received the email. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for providing the requested information. We will check on it and update you once done. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for waiting on our update. While we are still checking on this, we hope you don't mind to provide additional information below which will be helpful for us to further check: 1) The brand and model of the system where I211 is embedded as we are not able to find this in system information from the SSU. This will help us to identify the OEM board vendor for the driver provided. 2) Reason for knowing the differences of these two driver versions. Looking forward to your reply. Thank you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Dear Crisselle Thank you very much for your support. This Windows is installed to our product. The reason why I have to know is that my customer who purchased this spectrum analyzer has asked what the difference is. Because I found the newer driver and I showed the newer driver. I hope it is the information you can utilize. Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the reply. Can you clarify "This Windows is installed to our product." Does this mean that you designed your own board? Please provide what is the exact brand and model of the board or system. Thank you. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Hello, Crisselle It means that our instrument is working on Windows OS. I can not provide more detail info as for the inside of our instrument because I am not designer. I just would like to know the revision history what the difference between our driver and the new one is. Best regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the reply. We will check on this and update you once done. We will post here if we need additional details that would help in checking your query. Hoping for your patience. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for waiting on our update. Upon checking, please be informed that we don't release change log history of our driver builds. However, you can refer to the "what's new?" section of the readme file included in the SW package. For example: SW Release 23.5.1 and scroll down to What's New in This Release https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28540/eng/readme.txt The latest driver release for the I211 brings support for Windows 10 RS5. Driver versions: 12.15.184.0 - Win10 RS 4 and below 12.15.184.1 - Win10 RS 5 and up Let me know if you have additional questions. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
NNaga5
Beginner
Hello, Crisselle Thank you for your update. Best Regards, Nori
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, Thank you for the reply. Let me know if you have additional questions for this matter. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel
Hello Nori, How are you? Kindly let us know if you need other assistance for this matter. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Crisselle C Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos