Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

The uninstalling of Intel I219-V - A Novel

AlexAnastasiu
Beginner

Howdy folks,

I've been fighting with this ethernet adapter, Intel I219-V for about 3 days now, to get it uninstalled, since it is running drivers as new as 2015 and it completely refuses to update to a newer version, and to install the newest version 26.4 package that claims to support this particular pain-in-my-mass adapter.

Now, for referece, I've been following and working off a previous discussion that presented a similar issue, on this forum: https://community.intel.com/t5/Ethernet-Products/How-do-I-uninstall-the-quot-Intel-Network-Connections-quot/m-p/641897

To summarize the issue: I have followed the steps presented in the discussion above but that bubonic plague of an adapter keeps coming back with a vengeance, whether the ethernet cable is plugged, unplugged or whatever else I try to do to it. That thing is as immune as a damned cockroach.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me get rid of this thing?

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

I am sorry to hear that. For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Are you using an onboard I219-V?

2. What is the brand and model of your board or system?

3. Can you share the link of the driver that you are trying to install?

4. Can you share a screenshot of the issue?

5. What is your OS?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

Thank so much for the update and we apologize if you receive that message. Please disregard the message that we you received as we may have a tool issue during that time.

And as for this thread, we did not close this thread and we will continue to use this thread to support you. Base on your update you are trying to install the latest driver from our website. Can you try this method which is clean driver installation. By following this method, you should be able to remove the old driver and install the new driver.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058304/ethernet-products.html?productId=49188&localeCode=us_en

Please send us an update if you tried these steps.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. 

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

We really apologize for all of the inconvenience. We have checked the thread and you should be able to reply to us. Please try to refresh the thread or perform a clear cache for your browser and try again so that we can start using this thread and proceed with your inquiry.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
AlexAnastasiu
Beginner

Thank you!

It would appear that you have finally managed to figure it out. For future reference, please avoid closing threads until after you've discussed with the OP, since you, in particular, seem to manage to draw the wrong conclusion and make what is already a problem, substantially worse.

I shall try the suggested fix and come back with a response during the course of the day.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Again we apologize for the for what happened initially in the case. For now, I am checking if you already tried our last recommendations and we hope that it was able to help you to install the driver.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

I hope this message finds you well. I am posting another message to check if you tried following the steps that we provided. And also, let me add, since you are using an onboard i219-V, have you tried checking with them about the issue and ask them if they have their own network driver for the board?

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlexAnastasiu,

How are you today? I am just checking if you try our last recommendation and also to check if you already tried contacting the manufacturer of the board for further assistance since the network card is onboard. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos