Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4810 Discussions

Thermal design, temperature Intel X710-T4 Ethernet adapter

PCser
Beginner

Hi All!

I bought this ethernet card (Yottamak sticker is on it and valid). I want to use the card in a built in pfsense firewall. There is no active cooling on the card. On a desktop machine, I updated the firmware to the latest version. It all took about 5 minutes. During this time, the heat sink and PCB temperatures were very hot. I would like to ask if this is normal operation or the card is faulty, X540-T2 card is in the same desktop machine and the temperature of the T2 card is hand warm compared to the X710-T4 card.

I don’t want to jeopardize and ruin the device where I install the card with a possible overheating.

Thank you for the answer,

Peter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello PCser,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Did you try to check or get the reading of the temperature? And how is the cooling of the system?

Can you provide more data or screenshot for us to investigate?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PCser,

I just want to make a follow up on the information that we requested for me to check your inquiry.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello PCser,

I am sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos