Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies

ULP Tool

PDAVI4
Beginner

Hi all

i got a Maximus VII Impact with a bug on RJ45. The motherboard look good but the RJ45 is in "CODE 10" in Windows manager. I try many solutions but no one done. It's the i218-v component.

Solution 1 : Unplug all power cable and unplug the cmos battery => no effect

Solution 2 : Put Boot as normal in motherboard bios => no effect

Solution 3 : Disable rj45 in bios / boot / reboot / enable rj45 in bios / reboot => no effect

Solution 4 : Disable rj45 in Windows manager / reboot / enable rj45 in Windows manager / reboot => no effect

Solution 5 : Update rj45 in Windows manager => no effect because the rj45 is in "CODE 10"

i read there is a litlle tool named UPL Tool, tool able to flash the rj45 rom. I need it to try if i can repair this rj45 slot.

perhaps it will have no effect but i have to try on my motherboard. If anyone have other solution i'll appreciate a lot.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

HI AMD-Powered,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. I sent a PM to you. Please check.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI AMD-Powered,

As discussed, please contact Asus* your board vendor to check with them on the hardware aspect, they are in better position to check as this is onboard NIC on their system. You may refer to our website regarding support for OEM NIC https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006628/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html%3Fwapkw%3Doem%2Bnetwork Support Options for Intel® Network Connections

For the meantime, do you still have other inquiries? Please feel free to update me. Thanks.

Thanks,

Sharon
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AMD-Powered,

Please feel free to update me if you still have other inquiries. Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
PDAVI4
Beginner

Hi Sharon,

i send the motherboard to Asus with RMA

how i can update the status of my inquierie ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi AMD-Powered,

Thank you for the update. Hope all goes well after you received the replacement. If you still need further assistance, feel free to post your inquiry at the communities.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos