I'm having this issue on my Dell M4800 with a I217-LM and error code 10. I have searched for a solution, and the ULP enable/disable utility is the only thing I haven't tried yet. Can someone please send the utility to me?
Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. The ULP tool is applicable only for I218 and I219 ethernet controller, you may refer to information at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27489.
With regards to the error code 10 you encountered, can you share more information below:
1) What is the operating system used?
2) What is the driver version and are you using the driver from Dell?
3) What the test you have done?
4) When this error is encountered, what are the other symptoms?
5) Have you contacting Dell* support as this is OEM onboard NIC on their system.
Thank you for the information. Can you help clarify the information below:
1) Are you saying you encountered the code 10 error after you restart the notebook? Is there any ! mark appear in the device manager?
2) With regards to question number, what I would like to find out what are the troubleshooting steps you tried? e.g. changing cable? upgrade system BIOS? re-installing drivers?
3) I am not sure if you have tried our driver, in case you haven't, you may also try using our driver available at below links. However the drivers we have are generic versions, we cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. I would suggest you to contact Dell* support for customized driver and in case they have newer version for you.
For OEM onboard NIC, the board vendor might make changes on the NIC to adapt to their system design, thus you may contact Dell* for further support. Here is the link about our support regarding ethernet controller