Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Unable to Remove Intel NIC Teaming

EPete2
Beginner

I currently have two Intel NICs teamed as Team # 0.

I'm trying to break the team to use each adapter independently, however, when I try to configure the team via "Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter" I get a vague error, "GetTeamInfo failed" and the "Settings" tab is empty.

I've tried running the ProSetCl command line tool and it tells me there is no Teams installed.

I've also tried uninstalling the "Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter" adapter and get a different error message "Teams cannot be removed if a virtual NIC is bound to the team. Remove the virtual NIC before deleting the team." As far as I can tell there is no virtual NIC installed on my machine.

How can I force the removal of the Team # 0 adapter so that I can use the individual NICs separately? I appreciate any help/guidance you can provide.

Thanks

Ethan

0 Kudos
32 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Further checking, you have a Hyper-V virtual NIC, please try deselect the adapter from the virtual switch manager. Feel free to update me. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
EPete2
Beginner

I don't currently have that adapter associated with the virtual switch. I'm not sure if there is another place to look but the screenshot below shows what the switch is associated with.

Thank you

Ethan
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Thank you for the information. Please un-check the "External Network" to remove the CT network adapter from the virtual switch.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Please feel free to update me if you have un-check the "External Network" to remove the CT network adapter. Thanks.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
EPete2
Beginner

Unfortunately, switching off external network didn't change the error message(s).

Thank you

Ethan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

I am sorry to hear this. Let me further check.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Please double check your registry for the "Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter", which can be found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}.

Search for the numbered (00x) with DriverDesc = Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter.

Remove the registry key as stated in the URL provided before

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005781/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

Please make sure to backup the registry prior you proceed with the above steps.

If the procedure fail, another option is to re-install the Windows operating system.Feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Please feel free to update me.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Here is another one you might want to try. Please remove the actual CT desktop adapter( which is a standalone network adapter can be plugged out) then replace with a completely different NIC model that was not previously setup in the a team in the system. Feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Please feel free to update me.

Thanks,

Sharon
0 Kudos
EPete2
Beginner

Unfortunately, I don't have extra NICs that can be used for this.

I think the reality is that this issue isn't fixable without an OS reinstall. Clearly there is a bug in the driver preventing the removal or upgrade. Unfortunately, because that isn't always a viable option. It would be nice if this were reported to the driver development team to be corrected in a future version.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Bricktopp,

Thank you for the reply, I will forward your feedback to the appropriate team. Thanks again for your time and patience on this matter.

Regards,

Sharon

0 Kudos