Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Unable to flash PRO/1000 PT card with iSCSI rom

Kreksoverzum
Novice

Hi!

I own a plenty of PRO/1000 PT Single port adapters in Retail versions, not OEM

(D50855-003, EXPI9300PTLPBLK, 82572El based) and i'd like to flash iSCSI rom.

I tried bootutil versions 1.6.57.0 and 1.7.26.3 with no success: 

# ./bootutil64e -nic 1 -up iscsi -file ../BootIMG.FLB

Intel(R) Ethernet Flash Firmware Utility
BootUtil version 1.6.57.0
Copyright (C) 2003-2017 Intel Corporation

iscsi is not a valid image type for port 1

Port Network Address Location Series  WOL Flash Firmware                Version
==== =============== ======== ======= === ============================= =======
  1   001B211A2920     2:00.0 Gigabit NO  PXE                           1.5.89
root@pentium:~/Preboot_22/APPS/BootUtil/Linux_x64#

I suppose i need older ROM or older bootutil or both. Please help me to find it or to find my mistake if there is any.

I understand that this is EOL product, but i hope that won't be a problem.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

How are you doing? 

Please be informed that we have re-escalated this request to our engineers. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as possible but no later than 2-4 business days.

Hoping for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

How are you doing? I hope you are having a great week so far.

Please be informed that our engineering is still checking this request. We will contact you once we received an update from them but no later than 2-4 business days.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kreksoverzum
Novice

I am doing fine, thank you. I think i can solder out flash chips and make a dump. Tell me please if it could help investigating. I guess my case is somewhat harder than usual.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

I hope this message finds you well!

Please be informed that we are still actively working on this request. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as we heard from our engineers but no later than 2-4 business days.

Thank you for your kind patience.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

Good day!

We sincerely apologize for the delay as we are thoroughly checking on this matter. Please give us more time to look into this. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as there is any findings but not later than 2-4 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

Good day and I hope everything is great!

This is just an update to inform you that our engineers are still working on this request. Please expect another update within 2-4 business days.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

Apologies for the delay on this matter.

Please be informed that we are still actively working on this issue together with our higher level Engineers to sort this out as soon as possible. We will give you an update once we've heard from them but no later than 3-5 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay on this matter.

We'd like to inform you that our engineers are still actively working on this request. We will give you an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 3-5 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

Kreksoverzum
Novice

Thank you for keeping me informed. I hope some day the mystery will be revealed.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

Good day!

Please be informed that this request is still on our engineering's end. Rest assured that we will give you an update as soon as we heard from them but no later than 3-5 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello Kreksoverzum,

We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused on your end. 

As much as we wanted to assist you, unfortunately, the adapter is already End of Life. What we can only recommend is to try other older images that may work. 

Please be reminded that the unit is also End of Interactive Support (EOIS). We can only provide best effort support. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You may also try our Intel Community Forums for Discontinued Products to get recommendations from fellow community members. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/tag/Discontinued%20Products/tg-p/tag-id/919?profile.language=en

EOIS announcement

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50493/Intel-PRO-1000-PT-Desktop-Adapter

Please be informed that we will now close this request. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your utmost cooperation and may you have an amazing day!

Best regards

Crisselle C.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Kreksoverzum
Novice

Thank you for your rich answer, BUT here is part of my initial post:

Kreksoverzum_0-1621500887852.png

As you can see, i was aware that this is EOL product and i asked for "older images that may work", exactly as you answered. The Problem is that i could not find any. And if i did, i wouldn't have posted any questions like this.

At last i hope that you understood my initial request correctly and  Engineering team was unable to find those images after all this time.

I promise to post here a solution if i find any.

0 Kudos