Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4859 Discussions

Unable to update NVM on X550-T2

BillD1970
Beginner

Hi,

I bought an Intel X550-T2 network card that was delivered earlier this week.

I'm attempting to update the NVM using the software from the download site.  I've tried numerous versions in addition to the most current (v3.6).  No matter which one I try, I get the message saying "Update not available" and it says "Device not found.  Press any key to exit". (screenshot attached)

The device does show in Windows 10 - I used the network adapter to download the most recent drivers and the various NVM versions.

I've attached a screenshot of the NVM screen, and also attached images of the product label and the 6-3 code.  I also ran the Intel SSU utility and have attached that file too.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sage99
Novice

Hi Bill, you may want to double check with the reseller of your X550-T2 if the network card they sold to you was from a Dell Server. Looking at various clues below. It pointed that your X550-T2 is not a retail version. This would help explain why the NVM update would fail.

1 - The display name shown in your SSU is "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter". Normally, this adapter should have a display name of "Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2".

2 - Another user from different thread - How can i enable SR-IOV for the "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter" in Linux? had problem with the same adapter and later on, the user went to to Dell for further assistance.

For the 6-3 code you've provided, you can wait for Intel support to confirm if your network adapter is a retail or Dell OEM. If you need faster response, you can call or chat with them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sage99
Novice

Hi Bill, you may want to double check with the reseller of your X550-T2 if the network card they sold to you was from a Dell Server. Looking at various clues below. It pointed that your X550-T2 is not a retail version. This would help explain why the NVM update would fail.

1 - The display name shown in your SSU is "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter". Normally, this adapter should have a display name of "Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X550-T2".

2 - Another user from different thread - How can i enable SR-IOV for the "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter" in Linux? had problem with the same adapter and later on, the user went to to Dell for further assistance.

For the 6-3 code you've provided, you can wait for Intel support to confirm if your network adapter is a retail or Dell OEM. If you need faster response, you can call or chat with them.

0 Kudos
BillD1970
Beginner

Hi Sage99,

Thanks for the information.  It was listed by the seller as being for a Dell server.

Based on your info, I was able to download the NVM update utility from the Dell website and was able to successfully apply it to the adapter.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos