Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4865 Discussions

Unable to update firmware on I225-V

Mavalanche
Beginner

I am attempting to flash the firmware on my I225-V, as directed by this guide:

https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000057261/ethernet-products/gigabit-ethernet-controllers-up-to-2-5gbe.html

Following the instructions for the v1.45 firmware update (attached) does not proceed as the instructions show.

Instead I receive an error, see attached error.gif

Please assist.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel

Hello Mavalanche,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Since your network card i225-V is onboard, you need to contact Asus for the NVM file that you need to update the firmware. And also, each board will have different steps n how to update the NVM firmware of the onboard network card.

Just to add, you cannot update the OEM network cards firmware even if it is onboard or a PCIe card using Intel's NVM file, you may damage the card. Same goes with a retail Intel network cards, you cannot use the NVM file from an OEM manufacturer.

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Mavalanche,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed, let me clarify some details first. Please provide the following information.

1. Since you are following the steps on that link, are you having some issues?
  2. And are you using an onboard/imbedded network card?
  3. What is the brand and model of your board?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mavalanche,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just making a follow up on the information that we requested below.

1. Since you are following the steps on that link, are you having some issues?
  2. And are you using an onboard/imbedded network card?
  3. What is the brand and model of your board?

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mavalanche
Beginner
Hi,

1. Yes, the update is not completing as expected, I receive the above error message.
2. Onboard
3. ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD.
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Mavalanche,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Since your network card i225-V is onboard, you need to contact Asus for the NVM file that you need to update the firmware. And also, each board will have different steps n how to update the NVM firmware of the onboard network card.

Just to add, you cannot update the OEM network cards firmware even if it is onboard or a PCIe card using Intel's NVM file, you may damage the card. Same goes with a retail Intel network cards, you cannot use the NVM file from an OEM manufacturer.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
FranzJeger
New Contributor I

So can you Intel contact Asus and tell them move their ass updating firmware on this infamous and notoriously **bleep**ty NIC? Or maybe TAKE IT OFF THE MARKET since it has has the same track record as Chernobyl has outputting dangerous radiation...

Efee
Beginner
Seems like everyone is happy with 225-v except owners. İ am texting msi and intel for weeks and no one cares. Now i am gonna put a 3$ pci ethernet card to a high end motherboard which has HIGH end intel NIC. Shame on intel. Really crappy customer care.
0 Kudos