Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Unable to update firmware on Intel X550-T1

eandersson
Novice

I bought a T1 and a T2. I installed the T2 and upgraded the firmware without an issue, and wanted to do the same on the T1 that I installed on my workstation, but for some reason it does not allow me to update. I tried both on Windows and Linux.

When running the tool it gives me the following.

01) Intel(R) Ethernet Controller X550-T2 0.01(0.01) 1563 00:004 Update not available

mint@mint:~$ sudo ethtool -i enp4s0
driver: ixgbe
version: 5.1.0-k
firmware-version: 0x80000391
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:04:00.0

0 Kudos
1 Solution
eandersson
Novice

I figured it out. I was able to download a really old version of the firmware v1.86 and that allowed me to update from v0.01. Once I was on v1.86 I was able to update to v3.10.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
eandersson
Novice

I figured it out. I was able to download a really old version of the firmware v1.86 and that allowed me to update from v0.01. Once I was on v1.86 I was able to update to v3.10.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello eandersson,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We are glad to hear that you are now able to update the firmware to latest version. With this, we would like to know if you have any other assistance needed on this matter. If yes, please let us know and we will be glad to check on it. If none, kindly advise if we can now close this request. 

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
eandersson
Novice

Feel free to close this. Hopefully it will help someone else stuck in the same boat.

0 Kudos
Joose
Beginner

Dear Caguicla:

We have same problem,but we can't update from v.1.86,Could you send Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) Update Utility for Intel® Ethernet Adapters 550 Series—Windows* v.1.55 to me.

Look forward you reply,tks!

Quote:

C:\X550\Winx64>nvmupdatew64e.exe

Intel(R) Ethernet NVM Update Tool
NVMUpdate version 1.32.13.0
Copyright (C) 2013 - 2018 Intel Corporation.

WARNING: To avoid damage to your device, do not stop the update or reboot or power off the system during this update.
Inventory in progress. Please wait [+.........]

Num Description Ver. DevId S:B Status
=== ======================================== ===== ===== ====== ===============
01) Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-LM 15B7 00:000 Not supported
02) Intel(R) Ethernet Converged Network 0.01 15D1 00:002 Update not
Adapter X550-T1 available

Tool execution completed with the following status: Device not found.
Press any key to exit.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello eandersson,

Thank you for the swift response.

We highly appreciate your effort in sharing the issue resolution on this thread. This is indeed helpful for the other users having the same issue.

We will now close this request. Thank you again for your time and cooperation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

May you have a great day!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos