Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4866 Discussions

Updating firmware on X722-DA PCIe addon card.

SDona5
Beginner

We have four X722DA2 cards in use in 4 Dell Poweredge R920/930 servers. Two of the four are running a firmware 6.0.1 and the other two are running v4.0.0. On one of the v4.0.0 cards, i downloaded the latest firmware updater v7.3.0. It only updated the firmware to v4.3.0 and says that is the latest firmware for it. I took the card out of the server and got the information off of the two white labels.

Label 1 has a 959973 on it.

Label 2 has a F8F21E8EB342, 002 0420AD, K20564-001.

I have no idea what the other cards show, as they are in production.

Just wondering why I cannopt update this card to v6.0.1? These X722-DA2 cards were all purchased from the same vendor at the same time, but have different firmwares on them.

The Etrack ID on this card is 0x8000207F. The EtrackId on the v6.0.1 card is 0x800035cf. The EtrackID on the other X722 card running v4.0.0 firmware is 0x80001571. Why so many different ETrackID's?

Any ideas on how to get it updated?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SDona5,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please provide the System Support Utility log of your system where the 4 cards are installed. This will allow us to check your Adapter details and configuration. Kindly refer to the steps below.

a- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

b- Open SSU.exe

c- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan".

d- When finished scanning, click "Next".

e- Click on "Save" and attach the file to a post.

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SDona5
Beginner

Sorry can't run SSU as this is a VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5 U3 server and not Windows. Is there a linux equivalent?

I did a quick search. Is this the one to use?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-the-Linux-Operating-System

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SDona5,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Apologies if I assume you're using Windows Operating System. Yes, the link you've provided is correct. Please refer to the page below for the Help Guide for the Intel® System Support and expand Intel® System Support Utility Process > Linux* process.

Utilityhttps://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008563/software/software-applications.html 

We look forward to your reply.

Should there be no response, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SDona5
Beginner

Hi,

Still looking it the SSU tool. Just trying to figure out how to run it on my ESXi 6.5 server.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SDona5,

Good day!

Can you please provide the additional information below that would help in further checking your request.

1.) Where was the NVM package downloaded from? Kindly share the link with us.

2.) Will you be able to provide photos of the 2 adapter (with v4.3.0) focusing on the markings (white sticker) found on the physical card?

3.) Just to clarify, the 2 other cards have firmware version 7.3.0 and 6.0.1. Is that correct? Were you able to update the firmware to v7.3.0 on those 2 other cards?

4.) Please share the driver version of the 4 cards by running command ethtool -i ethX.

5.) When you try to run the command nvmupdate64e, can you share the output shown on Adapter Status as shown on example Update and Output on page 5 from the Intel® Ethernet NVM Update Tool: Quick Usage Guide for VMware ESX* link below? Does it show Update Available on both cards or it says that it's running the Latest firmware?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24769/Non-Volatile-Memory-NVM-Update-Utility-for-Intel-Ethernet-Network-Adapter-700-Series?product=139350

Hoping to hear from you soon.

We will follow up after 3 business days on case we don't receive a reply.

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SDona5,

How are you today?

We'd like to follow up the additional information that we requested for us to further check the issue.

Awaiting to your response.

Should there be no reply from you, we will make sure to reach out after 3 business days  

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hello SDona5,

I hope you are doing great!

Please be informed that we will now close this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. Just feel free to post a new question if you may have any other inquiry in the future.

May you have an amazing weekend ahead!

Best regards,

Crisselle C

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos