Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

Using an Intel X710-DA2 Dual 10Gbe SFP+ card on SuperMicro H11SSL-i

ThorstenStein
Beginner
Problem: When booting system with SFP+ cables plugged into Intel NIC, error appears during Firmware intialization: "PXE-E0C: Firmware recovery mode detected. Initialization failed." Card is unusable afterwards in OS. Card is initialized fine if no cables are present during boot phase, though. MB has most recent firmware already. Tried various FW versions for Intel card, tried various SFP+ manufacturer (including original Intel, validated for this NIC). Tested Firmware Versions for Intel Card: - v6.01 (initial) - upgrade to v8.40 - downgrade to v7.20 Supecting possible incompatibilities between X710-DA2 and SuperMicro H11SSL-i in general? Kind regards, Thorsten
0 Kudos
43 Replies
Achilles_Intel

Hello ThorstenStein,

Hope you are doing well.

This is just another follow-up on the information we have requested in order for us to proceed with the replacement of the Ethernet adapter as discussed. We will also be sending you another email just in case you haven't received the previous ones. Should we not hear from you, we will make sure to create a follow-up after 3-4 business days.

Best regards,

Achilles M.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
ThorstenStein
Beginner

Hi Achilles,

thanks for your follow-up and happy new year!
Sorry for the delay, I was on christmas and new year vacation

I will submit the warranty with the needed information today!

Kind regards,
Thorsten

0 Kudos