Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

VLAN creation on Windows 10 Enterprise TP

CÒó
Novice

Hello, there.

This morning I upgraded my fully functionnal Windows 8.1 Enterprise installation to Windows 10 Technical Preview. Before that, I downloaded the Intel Network Adapter Driver from this website, version 20.1, for Windows 10 64 bits. After the driver installation, I had the VLANs tab in the network card properties. However, i'm unable to create a VLAN. The network card is automatically disabled then I receive an error message saying this (translated from french):

One or more vlans could not be created. Please check the adapter status and try again.

The window freezes and I have to force-close it. 802.1 option is of course enabled in the Advanced options tab. The event viewer always shows the same error when I try to create a VLAN:

Nom de l'application défaillante NCS2Prov.exe, version : 20.1.1021.0, horodatage : 0x554ba6a4

Nom du module défaillant : NcsColib.dll, version : 20.1.1021.0, horodatage : 0x554ba57d

Code d'exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d'erreur : 0x0000000000264064

ID du processus défaillant : 0x19d4

Heure de début de l'application défaillante : 0x01d0ada33fd50576

Chemin d'accès de l'application défaillante : C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS2\WMIProv\NCS2Prov.exe

Chemin d'accès du module défaillant: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NcsColib.dll

ID de rapport : eefb5842-9220-4bad-93d3-774828c5736e

Nom complet du package défaillant :

ID de l'application relative au package défaillant :

I already tried to uninstall all the packages and drivers related to the network card. I deleted fantom network cards then cleaned up the registry. I tried to set some compatibility options to the given executable file, with no success. I tried to reinstall the driver with Drivers Signature disabled, tried to disable IPv4/IPv6 from the network card before trying to add a VLAN... I tried everything I found on Google.

Could someone help me, please?

0 Kudos
61 Replies
ATV
Beginner

The same problem with i217-v for ASUS Z-87 PLUS

I have in the events of this message

Device PCI \ VEN_8086 & DEV_153B & SUBSYS_859F1043 & REV_05 \ 3 & 11583659 & 0 & C8 require further installation.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the post, we will further check on this.

Solykz,

Can you give me the exact network adapter model?

What is the system you used? (e.g Asus? )

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
CÒó
Novice

Hello WB,

I've got an Intel L217-LM network adapter on a DELL Precision M4800 laptop.

Yesterday night I made a full reinstall (no upgraded from 8.1 like previously) of the 10147 build, with no luck. Everything worked fine on Windows 8.1.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Chris.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information. Have you checked with Dell* support also if they have any customized driver specifically for Windows* 10 OS on your laptop?

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
CÒó
Novice

Hello WB,

No, I didn't. The support page (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/precision-m4800-workstation/drivers Product Support | Dell US) don't provide any Windows 10 driver.

Thus the Windows 8.1 driver didn't, as far as I know, let the ability to create VLANs.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi SolykZ,

Thank you for the update. Let me check on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
KBott
Beginner

the 20.1 driver kit is supposed to support Windows 10.

However, i tested and failed for VLANs......

0 Kudos
KBott
Beginner

testing the the Intel 20.1

no VLAN creation working

Looks like the WMIProvider issues wrong Parameters

Faulting application name: NCS2Prov.exe, version: 20.1.1021.0, time stamp: 0x554ba6a4

Faulting module name: NcsColib.dll, version: 20.1.1021.0, time stamp: 0x554ba57d

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000264064

Faulting process id: 0xcb4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d0b26a607942ee

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS2\WMIProv\NCS2Prov.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NcsColib.dll

Report Id: 969b81c4-18d4-49af-8578-096383f4fbb6

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi HyperV_guy,

Thank you for sharing the additional info, we are checking on this.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Solykz and HyperV_guy,

Further checking since Windows 10 is not officially released yet, only a TP version, please have this tested when it is officially released.

Thanks,

wb

0 Kudos
CÒó
Novice

Hello WB,

That must be a joke, right? Because as far as I know, Intel himself provided this driver, knowing that Windows 10 was not officially released.

So, what? Hasn't the driver be tested before its availability to download? Is it a marketing move maybe, like "We already provide Windows 10 stuff"?

Well, I'll wait until the RTM. But please be kind enough to remove the "Windows 10" item from the Operating Systems drop-down menu, because that's not fair to let users think that Intel already provide functionnal drivers to this "not officially released yet" OS. ;-)

Have a good day anyway.

Chris.

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi SolykZ,

Thank you for the feedback.

rgds

wb

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi SolykZ,

Good day. Just to let you know this is a Microsoft* issue and they are working on it. Let us wait for the official release.

Hope this clarifies.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
KBott
Beginner

wb_intel, with the official build now released, was there a chance to investigte further from intel ?

Other Bridging eg, vmware or stuff like winpcap seem to work now.

Has intel tested VLAN already or is this up to the community ?

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi HyperV_guy & all,

Further checking this is a Microsoft issue and we already reported to Microsoft*, currently you may revert back to previous operating system or wait until the fix release by Microsoft*. Thanks.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
Jgoos
Beginner

Hi all,

I have just seen this article I am using windows 10 Entreprise since on month (release date), I upgrade from windows 8.1 and vlan features is not working anymore, I removed microsoft drivers and try to upgrade to intel 20.3 drivers that gave me for my nic driver version : 12.12.140.22 I reset all my vlan configuration, and when I try to add the first vlan I get the attached message in French (at least on vlan....) and the first virtual network card created is a : Intel(R) Advanced Network Services Virtual Adapter and no vlan added the second time I add the same vlan ID a new network card is created : Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network connection - VLAN : VLAN2090 but no vlan is added

my configuration is : windows 10 on HP laptop 2570p my embeeded nic is : Intel 82579LM

if I can help or if there is any workaround I am interested in because I cannot use my office connection because I am connected to a lot of networks with this vlan feature

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi tacticman,

So far what is new in the driver 20.3 are found as below: (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme.txt https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25016/eng/readme.txt), as this is a Microsoft issue and we have already reported to Microsoft:

What's New in This Release

==========================

- Support for the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller X710/X557-AT 10GBASE-T

- Support for FCoE and DCB functionality in Microsoft* Windows PowerShell*

- Support for Data Center Bridging (DCB) on the Intel(R) X710 Converged Adapter

when running Windows and Linux

- Support for Data Center Bridging (DCB) on the Intel(R) XL710 Converged Adapter

when running Linux

- The prefix for Intel(R) PROSet for Windows* Device Manager ANS teams has

changed from "TEAM : " to "TEAM: ". Please update your scripts accordingly.

Hope this clarifies.

Have you also tried the Microsoft patch on the website?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10 Intel® Download Center

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
Jgoos
Beginner

Hi wb,

thanks for the reply, the microsoft update KB3081448 has been installed automatically on august 28th so before I tried to install vlan features and even with the MS patch it's still doesn't work for me.

rgds

yann

0 Kudos
st4
New Contributor III

Hi Tacticman,

Thank you for the update. Further checking, creating Intel® ANS teams and VLANs on Microsoft* Windows* 10 is currently not supported. We expect that ANS will be supported on Microsoft* Windows* 10 client in a future release. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

rgds,

wb

0 Kudos
WHeul
Beginner

wb_Intel wrote:

Hi Tacticman,

Thank you for the update. Further checking, creating Intel® ANS teams and VLANs on Microsoft* Windows* 10 is currently not supported. We expect that ANS will be supported on Microsoft* Windows* 10 client in a future release. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

rgds,

wb

Any news on this? Any options from Intel or Microsoft?

0 Kudos