This issue was covered here but was NOT resolved and mark answered by accident.
My steps were as follows
- Ran fine with Windows 10 Ver. 1709 for months using multiple tagged VLANs and one untagged VLAN on Intel NUC NUC6i7KYK (aka Skull Canyon) and Intel i219-LM NIC.
- Clean installed Windows 10 Build 17133.1 Version 1803 with latest Drivers from Intel.
- Recreated all my tagged VLANs only to find they were all DISABLED.
- Permanently removed Intel NIC 23.1 driver and installed previous Intel NIC 22.9 driver with no luck still.
- Clean installed Windows 10 Ver. 1709 with Intel NIC 23.1 driver.
- Recreated all my tagged VLANs and BAM they all worked like normal.
In conclusion, the latest Intel NIC driver 23.1 seems fine but there is something wrong with Windows 10 Build 17133.1 Version 1803 Springs Creators Update, aka Redstone 4.
Thank you for posting in Wired Communities and providing the information. Let's wait for the official release of Windows 10 Version 1803 and if there is newer driver from us, we will post the driver on download website at http://downloadcenter.intel.com. Thank you.
Thank you for your reply Sharon. It seems like Windows 10 1803 has been released and the issue remains. My computer is out of commission because I don't want to waste time reinstalling Windows 10 1709 with all my software while waiting for the fix to come out for 1803. Searching the interwebs doesn't bring up a solid lead and looks like I am at a loss. Please advise if there is any information regarding this issue.
Thank you for the update. Can you double check if it is an officially release Windows 10 version 1803 or just a preview version for Insider program? If it is still in testing stage there is limitation still thus we do not have further information. The latest driver we have so far is PROSet 23.1, we will post newer driver on our download center in case there will be. I will update you when the new driver is available.
Sharon, it turns out Microsoft pulled the update the last day it was to be released. Microsoft announced they will be releasing the update on April 30th for manual download, and rolling it out on May 8th. I have not revisited this issue because of the amount of work it would take to reinstall windows on my main machine just to check if the issue is actually resolved. It would be nice to know if there was any concrete information regarding this issue before doing this. Thank you.
This will become a major problem when Windows decides it's going to auto update my system to 1803 which has caused the biggest mess thus far. Besides the other post that was mistakenly marked as answered, there isn't much information regarding this issue. On top of the fact that VLAN tagging your NIC is niche, I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
Support for Windows Redstone 4 (RS4). Build (17134) version 1803 will be available as part of the SW 23.2 Release.
We are currently in the process of validating the final build of 23.2 and anticipate a public release by the end of next week.
We apologize for the delay in this release, however there were a couple issues we uncovered with the original release build which required us to apply a fix and then re-build and validate.
The moment SW 23.2 is available and published on our Intel Download Center this thread will be updated with a link to the Intel® Ethernet Adapter Complete Driver Pack as it is the first download record that we publish for each SW release.
We appreciate your patience.
Intel Ethernet Team
Note: If the page still shows 23.1 either give it time to refresh or use this direct link to the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/22283/eng/23_2.zip 23.2 file
This download is the complete driver pack for all supported Operating Systems. The OS specific download records (Webpacks) will be available next week.
This release brings support for Windows 10 Redstone 4 (RS4). If you updated to Windows 10 (RS4) prior to this release and experienced problems creating ANS Teams and VLANs, please update to SW release 23.2.
Intel Ethernet Team
Please try the following and feel free to provide the update:
1. Make sure to fully remove any Teams | VLANS
2. Uninstall previous drivers/PROSet for the network adapter.
3. Install 23.2 SW
4. Reboot System
5. Teaming and VLAN (tabs) should be available in Adapter Properties as part of ANS
We installed 23.2 but it is still not workling. After update to Windows 10 1803 (17134.167) VLAN doesn't work! We are now waiting for weeks to get it workling. We have HP EliteDesk 800 with i219-LM. We need VLAN functionality!
After install of 23.2 VLANs can be created, virtual network cards are created but they stay "disabled".
I am sorry to hear what happened. We need some information from those that are still having issues following an upgrade to Windows 10 (RS4).For those experiencing problems please help us reproduce these issues by sharing the following information.
• What was the previous Version of Windows 10 (version) - Prior to upgrade
• What is the current Windows 10 (version) – Following upgrade
• Did you remove Teams prior to upgrade?
• Did you remove VLAN prior to upgrade?
• Did you remove PROSet SW and Ethernet drivers prior to upgrade?
• Following upgrade to Windows 10 RS4 do your Teams and VLANs still exist?
• Are you able to remove these Teams or VLANs?
• Are you able to create Teams or VLANs?
• If you are not able to create Teams or VLANs, what error messages are you receiving (be specific)
• Did you install the correct PROSet SW release 23.2: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22283 for the complete driver pack, or for just Windows 10: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016Thank you.
Intel Customer Support
Agent under contract to Intel
I am not sure regarding my actual previous Windows version. I was out of office working via RDP when windows told my that I have to reboot to install an update.After reboot windows newer cam online again. Back in office I realized, that the formerly configured VLANs where not working. Therefore my PC newer gone online again. No connection at all.
Windows now (winver) tells me I am on: Version 1803 (Build 17134.167)
There where no teams configured – my system (HPE EliteDesk 800 G2) is with just one network card equipped.
I tried with and withoud prior configured VLANs. In one step I removed the drivers completely and even disabled "build in network cards" in bios. Windows Reboot, delete "old" cards, reboot, enabled "build in network cards" and installed 22283 (complete driver pack)
I am able to create new vlans. "virtual" cards are configured but "disabled"
I am not able to create support tickets. There seems to be a problem with your ticket system. Can you access my profile and see my email? You could send me an email and then I will send you the SSU-file.