Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

Wake on Lan issue with Intel CT network card.

PDunc
Beginner

Have an odd issue with WOL with an Intel CT network card. This is on a dedicated WMC PC. Everything with the WOL worked fine until I made a change. Since this is a dedicated Windows Media Center PC, and since I am using XBOX 360 as extenders, in order to improve the response of the extenders I changed the Speed & Duplex setting from "AUTO" to 1.0 Gbps Full Duplex.

This change made a huge difference in the response of the extenders, but now if the computer is allowed to sleep, it will no longer respond to a magic packet. If I change it back, then it will once again respond, but the extenders revert to their previous response time.

Anyone have an idea what would be a fix for this? I know WOL works with the card and motherboard. I also tried 100meg setting and WOL worked, but the extenders response was terrible. The two options I currently have are to keep the setting on Auto or disable sleep. I really would like to keep the speed and figure out the WOL issue at 1gb full duplex. My system setup is below.

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU

AMD Phenom II X4 945 105 °F

Deneb 45nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

FOXCONN ALOE (CPU 1) 94 °F

Graphics

Standard Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)

ATI Radeon HD 4650 (MSI)

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-65L5B1 SCSI Disk Device (RAID)

1863GB Seagate GoFlex Desk USB Device (USB (SATA)) 99 °F

7GB Hitachi HP v125w USB Device (USB)

0 Kudos
0 Replies