Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4809 Discussions

Wake up-on-lan issue on 23.5.2 Intel adapter driver

ETett
Beginner

Now that I have got teaming working I seem to have a new problem with wake-up on LAN refusing to work, can anybody from in the Intel customer support or any other user let me know if it works for them?

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 1809 on 23.5.2 Intel adapter drivers and I had no problems previously on the older Intel drivers on the same MSI motherboard bios setup, many thanks.

wake-up on LAN 23.5.2.jpg

#2 wake-up on LAN 23.5.2.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, Let me explain why I recommend trying the latest driver from MSI website. You told us in your initial post that your old driver is working fine and using the latest driver is having Wake on LAN issue. 3rd party system builder can alter specifications of the NIC card that they use that's why each board manufacturer or system builder have their own driver download site. What we are providing is a generic driver for our NIC cards and since 3rd party boards can alter the card, they should provide the best driver. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Did you Set Wake-on-LAN to Power On inside BIOS? Can you also provide the complete model of your board? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hello Michael, thank you for your reply.

#1. Yes I did set Wake-on-LAN to Power On inside BIOS (see uploaded image).

#2. The complete model of the MSI motherboard is "meg creation x399".

MSI meg creation bios -Wakeup-on-LAN .jpg

MSI meg creation bios -Wakeup-on-LAN #2.jpg

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, May I know where did you downloaded the driver version 23.5.2? I checked the support site of your board and the latest network driver available is 23.2.0. Here is the link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MEG-X399-CREATION#down-driver&Win10%2064 If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi,

I was tould my intel at this intel forum thread that if you want NIC teaming in win10 buikd 1809 then you have to have 23.5.2 so D​aniel @intel emailed me to download it from your site.

This means i can't​ use msi's recommended older intel drivers.

Have you tested Wakup-on-Lan on any other motherboard using 23.5.2 win10 build 1809?​

0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

oops, wrong link, here is the "NIC Teaming Win10 1809 build Issue" that meant that I had to use 23.5.2.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, Let me explain why I recommend trying the latest driver from MSI website. You told us in your initial post that your old driver is working fine and using the latest driver is having Wake on LAN issue. 3rd party system builder can alter specifications of the NIC card that they use that's why each board manufacturer or system builder have their own driver download site. What we are providing is a generic driver for our NIC cards and since 3rd party boards can alter the card, they should provide the best driver. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi Michael,

okay that makes things clear regarding the third-party system builders adding to the generic Intel drivers so it looks like I'll have to wait for the MSI drivers to be updated to post Windows 10 1809 October update release as the current drivers (Version 23.2.0.1006 Release Date 2018-07-25) are for Windows 10 1806 pre-release and means I'll be losing a lot of functionality with RTX GPU's and all the other benefits that I have gained in 1809 and solved with Intel's help on the NIC adapter bonding in Powershell command applet so I'll just have to be patient as I would rather lose wake-up on LAN for a while then lose teaming functionality.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, Or you may contact them and ask if there is a latest driver tested for your board on the way. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello ETett, I just want to check if you have additional questions or clarifications regarding this issue, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ETett
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Actually I don't need any additional clarification or have any questions as it seemed the ball is squarely in the MSI court I am currently awaiting their release of their new NIC drivers so once again thanks for all your help.

& Now consider this issue closed.

0 Kudos