Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

What can I do to get higher speed on my Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V?

BAmen
Beginner

I have a very slow Ethernet connection on my Lenovo T480s Laptop (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/dk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t480s-type-20l7-20l8/20l8/20l8002wmd/pc0y5dsc/warranty?linkTrack=Caps%3ABody_SearchProduct&searchType=6&keyWordSearch=PC0Y5DSC)

via a 1000 Mbps internet connection. Last week I complained to the company which granted me this 1000 Mbps connection, and they sent out a technician to check. The conclusion was, that it was the ThinkPad laptop that was slow!

I made some speed tests, and it turned out, that my private MacBook Pro and my sons Gaming computer had a download on approx. 850 Mbps whereas my Laptop only had about 250 Mbps! (The Wi-Fi connection on the laptop was actually a little bit faster!)

So, what can I do to get higher speed on my Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi BAmen,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Forum.

We need to gather information so we can provide you recommendations.

Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this link,https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running this program, it will create a text file. Kindly attach the text file on your reply.

Looking forward to your response. Should we not get your reply, we will follow up with you after three business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi BAmen,

We have not heard from you yet, and we are reaching out to check if you need more time.

Should we not get your response, we will check back with you again after 3 business days.

If there is still no response, we may be forced to close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BAmen
Beginner

Hello Alfred,

Please don't close the thread. Please let me know if it is possible to get back to you within a week.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Best regards

Bright

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi BAmen,

No problem. Your request for more time is gladly accommodated.

Should we not hear from you after a week, we will just follow up the day after.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BAmen
Beginner

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your mail. I think the issue is some how resolved. Please close this ticket.

Many thanks.

Best regards

Bright

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi BAmen,

We are glad to know that your problem seems to be fixed.

In case you need our help in the future, feel free to reply to this thread or you can also create a new thread.

We will now be closing this thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos