Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4813 Discussions

What can be the issue if ethernet speed seems limited to 10mbps?

RKris23
Beginner

I have an issue were my ethernet is reduced by 90%

I've done some troubleshooting and it would apear to be either a hardware or software fault within my desktop. There is just my desktop at this connection.

I have exluded the problem being from my ISP or router/modem.(New modem, new cable, removed any interference) After I got a new modem I had all the mbps I should have, but after some hours the speed was reduced.

There had been no hardware changes, no updates, no new devices or applications between the installation of the new modem to the problem occured again.

I've tried restarting and resetting everything with no prevail. Tried messing with advanced options on the networkcard with no difference in speed.

I've asked on different forums with this issue, but no solutions to my problem.

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z-370 A (B.V. 2401(Latest))

CPU: i7 9700k (No OC)

RAM: Trident Z 2x8gb 3200mhz (XMP profile)

GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC

PSU: CoolerMaster V1000 

LAN: Intel® I219V (D.V. 12.18.9.7(Latest))

Storage: 1.x M.2(boot) 3x SSD 1x HDD

Peripherals: Keyboard, mouse, controller, mic and streamdeck.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed let ma gather the following details.

1. Is it working fine before?
  2. Can you provide the link where you downloaded the latest driver?
  3. Are you using on-board or a PCI NIC?
  4. Can you share some screenshots of the speed that you are getting?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
RKris23
Beginner
  1. It's been going on for a very long time, I really notice it when watching streams, since 1080p60 needs about 8mpbs to stream. But when downloading an update for steam or battle.net I get 12MBps
  2. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/DRV_LAN_Intel_I219_UWD_SZ_TSD_W10_64_VER121897_20190801R.zip
  3. Onboard
  4. https://gyazo.com/c7fd14a85d225c8903d119f33f1de9ce | If you see when I got 1785mbps that was right after I changed the coaxial cable for the modem.
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

The driver that you provided is from Asus and you said that the network card is on-board. Can you provide the complete model of your system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
RKris23
Beginner

Its a selfbuilt desktop pc.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/

I included all the specs in the question including Intel's System Support Utility report. Attached as a file with the name of SSU.txt

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

Thank you for the information that you provided. You may try Intel's latest driver and check if this will fix the problem. Here is the link below:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=82185

However, since the network card is on-board. It is best that you also verify the issue with ASUS. They should be able to further help you with their own appropriate driver or further troubleshooting with the board's on-board network card.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

I just want to check if you have contacted Asus regarding the issue.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
RKris23
Beginner

I've yet to contact ASUS, but this inquiry can be closed if there is no more tips or tricks you can give me, if not, I am pleased with the help I got.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello RKris23,

Thank you for understanding. As much as we want to assist you, At this point, it is better to contact Asus for further assistance and to avoid possible warranty issues.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos