Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

What driver to download and what to installing Intel X550-T2

MiracleTostie
Beginner

I am about to purchase the Intel X550-T2 network adapter. I am just wondering, what firmware do I have to download for my Windows 11 computer? Is this the "Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Microsoft Windows 11*"?

Also, in the past I had another 10 GbE netowrk adapter from another company. My Windows did not recognize it correctly so in order to gain an internet connection I had to restart my pc, sometimes several times. I am trying desperately to avoid it this time. So my question is, other then placing the adapter in my Windows 11 pc and install te drivers, do I have to do something else? Say maybe turn on settings in my motherboard? I plan to use this adapter as my main internet and LAN connection.

Thank you in advance for answering.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello MiracleTostie,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

For us to further check the issue, please provide the following details.

1. Just to clarify, are you asking for the firmware of the network card or driver for Windows 11 or both?
  2. Can you provide the brand and model of your existing motherboard/system?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MiracleTostie,

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I am just sending a soft follow up on the information that we requested for us to further assist you. We will wait for your reply. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello MiracleTostie,

I hope this message finds you well. I am just sending another follow up on the information that I requested. Since we have not heard back from you, I need to close this inquiry. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you and stay safe.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos