Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

What is the best Win10/64 driver for the Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V adapter?

GBerk2
Beginner

Is that v25 on this page, see url? My current driver (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard) is version 12.18.9.10, why is this a very different version number? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/70831/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I217-V

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There are very significant differences between a driver version number and the package version number. Remember that the packages include drivers for many different PHY components, so the numbering of the packages has to stay independent of the individual drivers. The latest available package I can see is 25.0.

...S

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello GBerk2,

This is just a follow up on the case we are currently working. May I know if you can can confirm the information provided from the last post?

Please let me know if you have other questions. In case we don't receive a reply, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos
GBerk2
Beginner

Hi, thank you n.scott.pearson for your answer. And thank you Carlos. It's still very confusing what would be the best thing to do. I understand now that it also depends on the combination of eg motherboard and networkcard which driver works best. I would think the latest Intel driver would always be best, but now I am not sure of that. I am still hesitant to install the PROWin64.exe package because it is not clear to me if the network card will still function after that, and I cannot find what version will be installed and if that version is newer than 12.18.9.10. I am looking for the best performing driver for my 1Gb internet connection.

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hi GBerk2,

We understand that this is an Ethernet controller that's embedded with Gigabyte system. For OEM on-board Ethernet controller, it would be best if you can get in touch with Gigabyte for further support since they have customized drivers and software to enable or alter features on your system. They are in best position where you can seek assistance so you don’t lose features or customization of the Ethernet controller. Please visit this link for Support Options for Intel® Ethernet Controllers  

You may also want to refer to the link below for FAQs for Intel® Network Adapters and Controllers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023048/network-and-i-o/ethernet-products.html

We hope that the above information helps. Let us know if you have additional questions and clarification on this matter.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Greetings GBerk2,

This is just a follow up on the case we are currently working. May I know if you can provide the information we are requesting from my previous email? 

Please let me know if you have other questions. In case we don't receive a reply, we'll follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAubr_S_Intel

Hello GBerk2,

Please be informed that we will now proceed in closing this request since we haven't received any response from our previous follow ups. If you have any other concerns or assistance needed in the future, feel free to post a new question.

Sincerely,

Carlos S.

Intel Customer Support 

0 Kudos